Sunday, July 05, 2015

Soooooooo.... I live in Thailand now

I know like 99.9% of you KNOW this information. However, just in case some poor unsuspecting soul stumbles innocently upon this blog there it is.

I. Live. In. Thailand.


I only found out I was moving here in March. My life since then feels like a complete whirlwind. There's been so much intensity in every way. There has been, of course, the intense loss of leaving all that we know. There has been the unbelievable excitement of the adventure in front of us. For EVERY single member of our family there have been gains and losses and bonds made and some severed and hurts healed and hearts broken and then strengthened and dreams rediscovered and challenges faced and truth realized and character revealed.

I knew that a move abroad would grow us. I didn't fathom how hard and fast that growth would come. What I see now is that in this moment of us having our lives turned upside down the heat shot up all around us for our family and everyone who loves us. It's in those moments that we discover the truth about ourselves. Then we choose what to do with that truth .

There are times now we feel we are flying and times we feel we are drowning. Sometimes all these feelings can happen in a day.

I live in Thailand.

I am happy about that. I'm scared about that. I'm amazed by that. I'm grateful for that.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT.

And this blog that has so lovingly captured so many special moments over the years... I feel that it's finally MAYBE.. I HOPE the moment to pick her up and dust her off and begin to blog again.

There's this world I want to share with you if only I can find the words.

So..... I live in Thailand now.


Much love,
Angel

5 comments:

Polkadot, Olka, Koka, Kokakola, Momma, Doll Face, Dorth Vader, Tink said...

Angel Face, thank you for taking the time to out into words exactly what has balked to us all. Honesty, I wish I lived in Thailand with you 😊 but I will settle for some LONG visits! I look forward to reading your dusted off blog. LOVE Mia Momma

Tessa said...

Hey Angel!

How fun to see your blog post come up on my blog reader! I have no idea if you remember me, but you inspired me so much many years ago ... and my husband and I ended up adopting a little girl from the foster care system after struggling for years with secondary infertility. The book "Dangerous Surrender" was a part of that journey. Now, we have 2 more bio children - and 4 kids in all! Life is hard and crazy and good ... and I am SO amazed that you live in Thailand. I hope you share more about how this all happened and all the details of your life now. I so want you to blog again!

Love, Tessa

Tessa said...

Hey Angel!

How fun to see your blog post come up on my blog reader! I have no idea if you remember me, but you inspired me so much many years ago ... and my husband and I ended up adopting a little girl from the foster care system after struggling for years with secondary infertility. The book "Dangerous Surrender" was a part of that journey. Now, we have 2 more bio children - and 4 kids in all! Life is hard and crazy and good ... and I am SO amazed that you live in Thailand. I hope you share more about how this all happened and all the details of your life now. I so want you to blog again!

Love, Tessa

Angel said...

Tessa!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!! HELLO!!! Of course I remember you!!! I am so happy. Are you on Facebook? You gotta friend me girl. :) Angel

Danielle said...

So glad that you're back! Been missing your blog!! I'm so excited to follow along on your adventure!