Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Do we have room?





“Each of us is an innkeeper who decides
 if there is room for Jesus!” 

Neal A. Maxwell


Last week Eagle's Nest Children's Home (where my dear friend Amy Block serves) was asked to take five new children to care for. These precious babies are siblings- ages 1-9- and were found alone.. surviving by eating dirt. 



The problem is that technically Eagle's Nest is completely maxed out. We are talking 3 bedrooms and 32 kids people.


I guess the sensible answer may have been... "We just don't have room." No one could have blamed them right??? I mean they are BARELY making it as it is over there... No adoptions are going on and little money coming in. As soon as Amy told me about these little ones my mind immediately remembered someone else who found no room. 


I know that's where their minds went too because they moved beds around... made it work... squished and shared. They made room... 



Oh to make ROOM for HIM! 


It's not about how we celebrate or don't celebrate His birthday. It's not about our traditions or how much we spend. It's about OUR HEART!! It's about OUR HEART... OUR HEART! DO I MAKE ROOM??? Would we have made room for Mary and Joseph that night? What if things were crazy and our lives were full and they were strangers? 


We can't truly know what we would have done.. or can we? The truth is we can know each and every day what we would have done... What do we choose each day?
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Mathew 25:35-40



Here again is our opportunity. Everyday we make the choice of whether we make room. Different seasons of our lives can make this look different. Through the seasons God has asked me, "Will you make room in your heart? Will you make room in your home? Will you make room on your calendar? Will you make room in your wallet? Will you make room in your family?" In various seasons different people have needed that "room" for a night or an hour or a lifetime. Each time deep in my soul I know I am making room for Him and I pray I don't miss an opportunity to see my savior. As Mother Teresa once wisely observed 


"They are Jesus. Everyone is Jesus in a distressing disguise."


Eagle's Nest has continued to say, "We will make room."


Eagle's Nest has received the amazing news that a donor will match up to $10,000 to help them continue to make room!!! Let's do this thing! Let's make some room!!! 


 If God is prompting your heart to "make room" for these little ones will you please go HERE to make a donation to help? Would you please share the need so that others can help "make room?" 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, now you made ME cry. Thank you Angel for sharing this. LOVE YOU because I have seen YOU make room more times than I can count. ;)