Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Wink And A Smile

Do you ever have one of those moments you feel like God just winked at you and slapped you a high five??? Well, I just had one! For Christmas this year Kaiya pretty much requested "Stuff that's Chinese." Our little girl has a deep, natural passion for her birth country- more than any of our other children We wanted to honor her heart and find gifts that would fulfill that desire. I easily found everything we wanted to get her on line that I thought would make her feel connected to China.... Except one thing. I had in my head this certain dress I wanted her to have but just shrugged and let it go because I couldn't find it unless it cost an arm and a leg! :-) Then today I was sorting through a bunch of things I've needed to sort for months and found this dress I bought in China. My mom and I bought it when I picked Kaiya up in China. She was only 2 but we bought it 4 sizes larger because I thought maybe she might want one later and then totally forgot about it. I think it's her EXACT size now and it's EXACTLY what I was wishing for her. I think God gave us a nudge in that Guangzhou shop knowing that 3 1/2 years later a little girl would ONLY want "Stuff that's Chinese" for Christmas. I love that our Father cares. For her this is more than a present. For her this is CHINA. I'm thinking we will give it to her Christmas Eve to wear to church. I can hardly wait to see her precious little Chinese face. Shhhhhh DON'T TELL HER!!! Thanks for the high five God. You're very cool.

No comments: