Sunday, October 03, 2010

T4A

These are some of my T4A peeps and Karyn Purvis!! SHE IS SUCH A GIFT FROM GOD!!!


Together For Adoption 2010 was BEYOND AMAZING!!!! I am so grateful that I was blessed to go. It was 800 plus people in one room who are SO SOLD OUT to living the gospel that they will do the things the world thinks are crazy in their every day life. It was HARD CORE gospel of sacrifice and love being taught without any watering down to make it palatable. This is either your dream or your nightmare. It is MY DREAM!

The holy spirit fell on that place in a tangible way. Everywhere I looked you could see people repenting, rejoicing, sharing, ON THEIR KNEES praying and worshipping our savior who bled...suffered and died for OUR adoption.

There are no words for what this weekend did for my heart. So many of the things that have been pounding in my head this past year were being preached over and over. Some things I felt confused about were clarified. Everywhere I looked were people who looked at the gospel and saw exactly what I see- sacrificial love that verges on the INSANE! Love so strong that the world says THAT CAN NOT BE NORMAL! What IS THAT??? WHY ARE THEY DOING THAT??? THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

That is the kind of love that will fulfill the great commission and nothing less...

I am still processing in a major way. Drinking through a fire hose would be an appropriate imagery. I am walking away so encouraged to see a glimpse of what God is doing and a bit overwhelmed by the vastness of the call.

Thank you Lord for this weekend.

Angel

9 comments:

Amy Bottomly said...

Sounds amazing!!!! I can't say it enough, but am so sad that I wasn't able to go. I am scouring all the tweets and blog posts though.. trying to get little tastes of the conference.

Cindy said...

Sounds like everyone had an amazing time.

Tara said...

Thank YOU for being (like) a hundred steps ahead of me in my journey, giving me something to aspire to and look forward to! Can't wait for the posts that 'download' all of that processing going on!!! Welcome home and glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend, girl!

I run for said...

I am still processing and Gabe and I are still looking for a time to see what each of us got out of this weekend. I can't wait to get it all 'sorted'. My prayer is that the FANTASTIC feeling of excitement about everything is not just a 'church camp hoorah' that will fizzle out in the next few weeks. I pray that the feelings I have right now will continue forward forever.

Hugs.

Dwain Gullion said...

Angel, thanks for posting this! It was great to meet you yesterday and keep up the great work! Dwain Gullion

Owlhaven said...

I felt the same way, Angel-- it was just an amazing experience!

Mary

KLTTX said...

Followed your link from Twitter. The conference was so amazing. I feel like I need to do so much more than I am doing.

BTW, turns out that I know your cousins - the Rudds.

Deidre said...

Angel!

It was so great to finally meet you in person!! The conference was awesome and God was doing some amazing things!

Cannot wait to see how your new adoption journey unfolds!!

By His grace,
Deidre King
(the crazy woman who flagged you down at the Lifeline/ (un)adopted booth.) :)

Darlene said...

ooooh! I can't wait to hear more!