Wednesday, July 07, 2010

We interrupt this paper chase for a SHORT sanity break!

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!
I'm like a MACHINE!!!!!! ;o)

Ok... seriously... I have this thing I'm discovering about my personality. If I have a big task in front of me- something that seems completely overwhelming- I just want to GET IT DONE as quickly as I can. It somehow feels more manageable if I just jump in up to my neck and get going!!! I don't think I ever realized this about myself till recently. This is my third dossier and I've done all three like this. PLUS! I mean honestly, I have trouble imagining my little boy in an orphanage ONE EXTRA DAY because I WAS SLOW!!!!!!!! ACK!!!!!!!!!! TALK ABOUT MOTIVATION! LOL!

So if you've done an adoption you know all about what I've been up to the last 36 hours. The first thing you do in any international adoption is file for your 1600A. This is the petition for the government to allow your child to come into the US... or something like that!! :o)

BUT before I could do anything I had to GET ORGANIZED! Good thing I had a binder and a LOT of page protectors on hand.

Then I set up my work station complete with iced tea and Larabar of course. I started cranking through the paperwork like a crazy woman. My poor printer was gasping for breath.... whining and complaining... I just kept beating it into submission. Poor little printer!

When unsuspecting Russ arrived home from work in the pouring rain I immediately ordered him to write checks for enormous amounts of money!! LOL! You can see he was THRILLED to hand over all his cash. Hee hee hee....

I stayed up till past 3am working feverishly and writing my to do lists. This morning I made a bunch of calls then we had some places to go. Our first stop was to pick up a bunch of pictures for our application.

Here are just a few of the pictures we chose...

This is our backyard...

Girls TV room...

The front of the house...

Our street....

Next stop was to get passport photos!

Kaiya was DETERMINED that she needed a passport TOO!

Finally, I just took a pic with my camera so she could have "her passport."

Then we opened a FedEx account for this adoption and MAILED THE I600A!!! It will arrive tomorrow before 3pm!!!

Hopefully we will get our fingerprint appointment soon! Does anyone know how long it's taking in TX these days???

Next stop was our check ups to get our medical evaluations all completed and sent in. Kaiya entertained herself by reading "Working Mother." :o)

Kaitlyn and Zoe being sweet so we can get stuff done to bring home their baby brother!

Is she healthy doc???

BREATH DEEP KK!!

AND NOW WE ARE HOME FOR THE DAY! I'm giving myself a little sanity break and then it's BACK TO WORK!! I'm a self imposed slave driver! We'll be on that wait list before you know it.

Hugs, Angel

12 comments:

Erin Moore said...

so excited for you guys!!!!

Gail said...

Loved reading this blog post!! Yes, you are a maniac but a super-mommy too. Your little boy will be blessed to have you. And Russ too.
Gail

Melinda said...

Love it! This is exactly what your blog needed an adoption to get it posting again. LOL! I am loving watching your journey so far, I can't wait to see who your little guy will be. Also love the necklaces for Holly's fundraiser, ordered a cute one myself!

Pattie said...

LOVE IT.
Can't wait to watch the whole process. Your son will be home before you know it.

I have already learned something new. I knew we the parents had to have medical done but didn't know that the kids did as well.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstin C said...

I just wanted to say hi! We're adopting a little boy from Ethiopia through Gladney, too! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog!

Tracy said...

Yes! I'd love to get together!!! I also need to tell you about a yahoo group for Ethiopian adoptive families in our area.

Jaime And Drew said...

Go sister Go! Taking charge and getting it DONE!!

Lindsey said...

I love you and I am so excited to be watching your journey unfold.

Wendi said...

you are crackin' me up! good thing God put you back on your vitamins :-) lol

OneThankfulMom said...

I remember this feeling so well. I could not rest until it was DONE. So exciting!

Lisa

nikki said...

You go Angel!!!! I know you'll be done in no time!!!! I'm mailing mine out tomorrow, I can't wait to get it out of my house!!!!