Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This is what I keep trying to explain...

My sweet friend, Julia, had this quote on her Facebook page. WHOA!! As soon as I saw it I had to post it.

THIS IS IT!!

This is what my heart has been learning for the past few years. This is why the things that used to terrify me are now welcome in my life.

This is why at times I "should" be stressed and depressed I'm filled with unspeakable JOY!!

It's a phenomenon I do not understand and have not known how to explain. It's something I have for a reason I can not grasp. I pray I live in a way so that it will stay but I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

How come Oswald Chambers ALWAYS knows how to say stuff?? Guess that's why I'm writing a lil old blog while he's writing kick tush devotional books. ;-)

Does this HIT anyone else the way it did me??


The things we try to avoid and fight - tribulation, suffering and persecution - are the very things that produce abundant joy in us. Huge waves that would frighten the ordinary swimmer produce a tremendous thrill for the surfer who has ridden them. ~O. Chambers {We are more than conquerors through him who loved us. ~Rom 8}


Hugs, Angel

3 comments:

Holly said...

yessssssssss! He got it.
Yes yes yes!!!!!

Darlene said...

oh my.
you (well, Jesus. through you. and your friend... you know what I mean..) could not possibly have been speaking to me more directly.

thanks, angel.

kenzsethia said...

Incredible...so true!