Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's SOOOO worth it!!

A sweet friend asked me yesterday if they REALLY require as much paperwork and struggle to do an adoption as it SEEMS like they do. Yeah, they do.

They have their reasons and many of them are very valid. Sadly, we live in a fallen world. There are horrible people that take innocent orphans and do unspeakable things with them. Because these people exist the good guys jump through hoops of fire to bring home a little one in need.

Why do I do it??? Why don't I just get pregnant and pop out another cutie pie? I mean KK did turn out pretty awesome! (We are still able to have biological children as far as we know.)

Because.... my ransom did not come cheap. I was an orphan, a stranger, all alone. I didn't belong to anyone. I was rotten, diseased, dead in my sin. God sent his SON to pay for my adoption. Jesus jumped through rings of fire... then HE DIED for my adoption.

A little paperwork is not so bad to ransom a life after all. This morning I woke up to this little girl and thought, "It's so worth it... all of it and more."


I would do the paperwork 20 times to have Kaiya Rain Zhen tucked safe in bed upstairs instead of an orphanage. Oh the joy her life brings me. We are so blessed to be adopted by our Father and so blessed to have the opportunity to adopt.

Hugs, Angel

6 comments:

Holly said...

Yep...I needed that reminder right about now thanks to mister Hague!!
Thanks Angel!

LoveLivesHere said...

Your love for these girls is so apparent in your posts and videos. I love reading and watching them. We have quite a few years before we even begin our adoption journey but your pictures and videos keep my excitement about it bubbling!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Darlene said...

beautiful....

Lindsey said...

LOVE this post and I ADORE you! I am so honored to be watching your journey to your son!

Scott and Carolyn said...

Thanks for posting this! As we begin the mountain of paperwork again...I am feeling overwhelmed. But you are right. It is so worth it and I'd do it all over again too!!

nikki said...

So well said. The paperwork is hard but just a drop in the bucket compared to the end result!!!!!
Thanks for posting this!!!!