Saturday, July 03, 2010

Is this how God feels about us?


My precious friend Amy posted this scripture on her blog. WHOA NELLIE... this strikes a cord in me... What does God really think about how we live our lives??


Amos 5:21-24 (The Message)

21-24"I can't stand your religious meetings.
I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.
I want nothing to do with your religion projects,
your pretentious slogans and goals.
I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes,
your public relations and image making.
I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music.
When was the last time you sang to me?
Do you know what I want?
I want justice—oceans of it.
I want fairness—rivers of it.
That's what I want. That's all I want.


Does this GRIP your heart like it does mine???? Do you think, "Please God! Don't let me miss YOU!"


Are we bringing oceans of justice? Are we NOISE in the ears of our Father??? Am I doing "good things" that have nothing to do with the heart of God? Please don't let it be so!! I want desperately to live God's love and justice.


I don't want to
MISS THE WHOLE POINT!!!




Here's what God says about it...

...Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and He sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve. Proverbs 24:12


Let's not excuse ourselves!! Let's dig into what God cares about! Maybe it's not so crazy to care about justice. Maybe it's who God CREATED us to be.


1 EASY way to learn more about God's heart for justice is to join Amy and I at the






I am thrilled to learn more about God's heart and I would truly LOVE to see you there!

HUGS! Angel


3 comments:

Darlene said...

this is simply a beautiful post...
thank you for this verse.


p.s. love your new look and especially love the new pics!

Julie said...

That is an awesome verse. And totally convicting - especially in my job. Thanks for the awesome reminder!

Wendi said...

ouch.
thanks to Amy, too!