Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Seasons

I've been thinking about seasons. Seasons... it's how God chose to formulate life. It's how He saw things would work the best. Things never stay the same yet there is nothing new under the sun.

I think we have seasons of life as well. I think in my younger days I have misunderstood that things are supposed to work this way. I think many times I fought this. I think in the past I have struggled to stay in SUMMER all the time! I have had the feeling that I should always be at 100%... always working.... always fighting... always ready to go.

Turns out that's an American ideal and not God's.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


Summer... There are seasons where the sun seems to always shine! I seem to have endless energy for whatever God has called me to do. Whether it's adoption, missions, homeschooling or some new adventure I feel nothing can stop me. I can fit more into a day. I'm running in high gear and loving every minute of it.


Spring.... There are seasons where I am growing in leaps in bounds. Where God whispers to me and I have revelations I never knew I could. In these times most of my energy seems to be involved in this growth. There is lots of reading, sermons, bible study and prayer involved.

Winter... There are seasons when I am dying inside. When all around I see hurt and pain and death. In these seasons I discover ugliness about myself that I can't stand. In these seasons I am dying inside- becoming a new thing altogether. In these seasons I curl up and hide... resting... recovering... waiting for the healing... watching for something I can't give myself- the miracle of life.

Autumn.... There is a season where the brilliance of what God is doing in me is evident. I look all around me and I see blessings beyond imagination. The colors and bounty of life is so brilliant it's as if God is showing off. He is glorified in the harvest of my life. In this season I see God so clearly in my life that it literally takes my breath away and tears prick my eyes. I gather in my blessings, my harvest and thank Him every single day.

It is Fall in my life right now. I relish the cool, crisp comfort of life knowing that snow may come soon but spring is on the way... the sun will shine... and once again God will bring a harvest.

What season are you in right now? Is there a season you are tempted to stay in all the time? Much Love, Angel

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm in spring- but I'd love to stay in summer. :0) LOVE YOU!

Darlene said...

honestly... I have no idea. I may actually be experiencing some weird blend of Fall and Summer...
thought provoking post.