Thursday, May 13, 2010

Colorado With The Love Of My Life!

Last week Russ and I had the whole week with no kids! We had originally decided to do a "Staycation" at home to watch the budget. BUUUT!!!! Russ said he just wished we could get some nature time. SO I checked on Hotwire.com and found a 4 1/2 star hotel in Snowmass, CO for $75 a NIGHT!! Are you KIDDING me??? Of course we were IN!


So we loaded up the car and headed out. We spent the first night in the DFW area with our friends Holly and Jamie. It is always a JOY to be with them.



A super huge bonus of the trip was that we got to spend some quality time with Sam and Wendi too. They moved to Colorado recently and it was the first time we've gotten to visit. They even got to get the same deal on Hotwire and stay a night in Snowmass.

Which meant the guys could hike and be goofy and Wendi and I could catch up with no screaming children in the background. ;o) It was just FANTASTIC!



This is our room The Viceroy, Snowmass. It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean really, I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was. I could not do it justice- I promise.

Amazing service, incredible design that blew me away, flat screen TVs, 94 degree pool in the snow, delicious food, remarkable views, cozy fireplaces, private kitchen..... that's just the beginning.

We spent the week hiking, sleeping, taking pictures, reading ... OH! and I drank lots of hot tea.



Snowmass is right next door to Aspen so we got to spend time there too.

We are so blessed to have each other and to have the time to reconnect.

I am so crazy grateful for grandparents who are so ready and willing to love on our kids and give us time together. For all you grandparents out there- never underestimate how important you are. I just don't think we'd be able to be as healthy and happy as we are without their support.

For those of us who just don't go away with our husbands- well, just cause we don't- we need to STOP THAT! Let's make it happen! Let's ask for some help, get on Hotwire, stay with friends, consider the drive just time to visit, visit the local grocery store if we can't afford to eat out every meal, split meals. Getting away together doesn't mean we have to spend a fortune.

We only get one time around at this life. I am going TO LIVE!


I want see it, feel it, breath it, taste it, touch it, hear it, EXPERIENCE IT!

I want to give my life away and enjoy the life God's given me to the extreme.


How sad it would be for me if I gave my children great and abundant gifts and they just let them rot.

What gifts has God given you??

Are you living or just existing?


Life.... it doesn't have to be anywhere near perfect to be breath taking.


I don't want to waste it.


Don't want to take it for granted.


I don't want to MISS it.

When pain washes in like a storm, I will embrace it. When joy comes I will soak it in like a flower in the sunshine. I thank God for the rain that makes me grow and the sun that does the same. Never underestimate the power of either. :0)
Hugs, Angel

2 comments:

OneThankfulMom said...

I am so glad for you! There is nothing like quality time together to renew a marriage and bring joy to our lives!

Colorado is so beautiful!

Tara said...

I LOVE how you put it...for a few months now, our favourite verse (that we seem to keep repeating) is James 1:2-4 (2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.)

You've summarized it SO well in your last paragraph...

I'm SO excited for our anniversary night away now (so much more than I was before). July 1 is TEN years for Jacques and I and we are going away (TO NATURE) for the night as well!!! YAY for GOD, MEN & NATURE!!!