Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy, busy, busy... it gets on my nerves...

I REALLY don't like the crazy busy nature of our culture. I don't like it.... at all. I can't tell you for sure if that's just my personality, if I'm weird or it's not how things are supposed to be. All I can tell you is that so many times it seems like we are SO busy with games, meetings, jobs, practices, ministries and BLAH BLAH BLAH that loving our children- our spouses is hard to fit in. I'm a rebel in the "I am refusing to be so busy I can't love people kind of way." At least I'm trying to resist it. It's easy to get sucked into the busy culture. I don't WANT IT! Blech!

2 comments:

Angel said...

I KEEP accidently rejecting comments instead of publishing them whenever I'm on my cell phone. ACK!!! Sorry... Here was the comment. :o)Oh BTW- I did the same thing 1 semester. I was wiped out and miserable. The kids were tired and grumpy. We quit everything! LOL!

So funny you have posted about this. This past year I "bought into" my DS's opinion that our kids are not socialized enough so we took baton, we are in choir, we go to karate, youth group, sunday school..PALs...and volenteer whenever and where ever we can. I am exhausted most nights! The kids finally said "we never have any FAMILY time!" THANK GOODNESS...next year we are slooowing it down!
Susan

http://livinlifeoutloud.blogspot.com/

Darlene said...

I SOOOOOO agree with you on this one. It seems that the pendulum always swings too far, and once I get control, before I know it, we are in over our heads again.