Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Long, Insecurity!

So who's read it? What did you think?

A couple of weeks ago I read all 340ish pages of this in ONE DAY! It hit me hard. To be honest the first couple of chapters I wasn't sure if this book was really about me or not... even though I KNEW I struggled on certain levels with insecurity.


As I kept reading- well- I don't really know how to describe to you what happened. God did something huge in me. It's so big I am still having trouble putting words to it. I don't even think I totally get it yet. I am still working through it- trying to process it all.


A couple of weeks ago God took me through about 6 months of counseling in 1 day using Beth Moore and this little book. I guess that's gonna take some time to absorb.


I'd equate it to the way Dangerous Surrender- Kay Warren hit a ways back- for those who recall my tales of throwing that book across the room. ;0) Of course in a totally different arena but it was big.


Anyway, I am pondering whether or not this is something I should share with you gals in blog land. Is there anyone else who feels like maybe this book could be helpful to them?



This is a struggle so much bigger than not feeling pretty today. This is something Satan uses to keep us captive, separate and alone. If you're like me you may find facing this a lot harder and deeper than you originally predicted.


SO!!! If it would help at all I am glad to share my heart- as confused and muddled as it presently is. Let me know your thoughts blogger buddies.


Much Love, Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9ziVXSyVk


4 comments:

missy said...

doing this with church peeps in april..will let you know.

Tara said...

OH NO Angel...don't do this too me. I just got through Dangerous Surrender a month ago. I'm still buzzing from this book (in fact, I bought 2 extra books to spread around to my friends). LOL I'm definitely going to jump into this book soon....

Michelle said...

After reading your blog post, I have been thinking aobut this book and wondering if it could help me. I finally ordered and it is to be delivered today. I am so excited. Maybe we could discuss? I am not working right now so I an hoping to finish it tomorrow!

Andrea said...

I hadn't thought I would need to read this book. Perhaps that's exactly why I would need to huh? I will have to see if I can get it.
Thank you for sharing!