Monday, February 15, 2010

My Grown Up Girl!


My Valentine's Day baby turned 11 yesterday!! It is so hard to believe. Here she is when she was 6 1/2. It's one of the very first pictures we have of our baby girl. She was beautiful then...

..she is breath taking now.



What a blessing this little one has been in our lives. I am so grateful to a God who knew this precious one before she was born, brought her through pain and into our family. We would not be us without Zoe Girl. It would never have been right. God knew we needed each other. Thank you sweet Zoe for loving us. Your name means "Divinely Chosen Life." That is exactly what you are- divinely chosen. Oh, how we adore you.

My mom took this video only a few months after Zoe came home to us from Guatemala. She had JUST turned 8 years old. It makes me smile to hear her try to explain to her daddy what it was like to go on the big, scary roller coaster at Sea World in her 3 months of English. :0) It's super adorable.


Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!! We love you!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Angel. That video reminds me so much of W. in her early months in America. Can't even imagine all these precious children have to overcome. God is good. His plans Higher than ours...His ways always trustworthy.
Zoe is a gift and I'm so glad He chose YOU to be her parents!

Christie said...

Angel,

I found your site through the Block's site and just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm "following"!

My husband and I are in the prayer/fundraising process for adoption and could use all the advice we can get!

I am praying for you guys!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

Wife to the Rockstar said...

She is stunning!