Tuesday, July 28, 2009

P90X!

I'll catch you up on what is going on in my world. For those of you who still CARE enough to still be READING this blog after I've been so RUDE to not even be here... well here goes!

One thing I am really excited about is P90X!!!

Russ and I started this program last week. Today is our 7th day. Let's just say I am FEELING the burn and I LOVE IT!

This program is a big deal for me. If you've been reading you know that in the past couple of years I started taking nutrition very seriously. My whole family went gluten free and cut out a lot of nasty things fou
nd in food like, corn syrup, food dye, antiobiotics, hormones, etc...

This changed our health in a MAJOR way. My immunity sky rocketed, my energy level went way up, my thyroid- which had been malfunctioning so badly I was on meds- corrected and went into the normal zone, and a bunch of aches and pains just vanished.

In the two years that my family has gone to "healthy eating" my kids and I have not been sick for more than 24 hours at a time. Even that is very rare. We have not made a sickness related Dr's visit since
we changed our diets.

What I'm trying to tell you is that I am THRILLED with what our change of diet has done. However, I have continued to struggle with my weight despite this change. I have tried going to the gym or doing different things but being a homeschool mom of 3 keeps me really busy.

I also have very little patience with feeling like I am doing something "random."
If I am going to invest in something I want to know why it makes sense and go at it full force.

Basically, I researched workout programs big time because I am desperate. I know my thyroid teeters on the edge and is only fully functional when I'm in great shape. That makes it VITAL that I NOT sit around getting fat... which is what has been happening little by little.


I want to spend my time being a dynamic wife, raising Godly and wise children, helping run RLC, traveli
ng the world, helping the least of these... What I'm realizing is that will slip away from me if I continue to let myself get tired and old and out of shape.


I'm making a big change. I'm taking the time everyday to do this thing. I am PRAYING that this is what my body needs to get healthy and strong.

Since I am so excited about it I will share some videos below to explain what we are doing. I will keep you updated for sure. :0)
Angel

This is my favorite girl's transformation but it won't allow embedding so you can link to it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxZb7gdc8Tc


Favorite guy's transformation video


Videos about the P90X Program








2 comments:

Darlene said...

really, Angel? Really? because I do my workouts at home on video... you have got to tell me if it works for you!!!!!!

Ashhog said...

That is awesome. I got to day 2 of this and decided it was way too much of a work out for me! :)

I would love to hear more specifics about what you changed in your nutrition. Is that in your archives somewhere?

Ashley