Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Kiva Update

I was excited and grateful to get this video journal from one of the precious ladies we lend to through Kiva. I honestly have tears listening to her tell how she is grateful that now she has enough food and that she can help others though she does not have much. She farms and raises 2 children on her own. Now that her business is doing better she can afford to educate her children. If you do not already loan through Kiva please change that today. It only takes $25 dollars to make a loan!! Your money is paid back and can help literally hundreds of people. Here is a whole blog post I did on why I think this is an important way to help

http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2007/09/introducing-kiva-major-red-pill.html


http://www.kiva.org - Kiva lets you make a loan to a specific low-income entrepreneur -- empowering them to lift themselves out of poverty.


1 comment:

Sally- That Girl! said...

KIVA is one of my favorite things to do!!! I have given two $25 loans and each have been paid back to roll over into other loans for more women. It has been great. Never missed the $50 and now it keeps working for me! Love it!!!