Saturday, November 15, 2008

Where There Is Vision, There Is Provision

Before even writing this blog post, I can say that it is truly among my favorite posts EVER! A year ago, God sent me on a journey to Ethiopia. I met Hannah - a woman who inspired me like no other. A woman who just followed God's call. Where most of us would say "Impossible ... who am I," Hannah says "Where there is vision ... there is provision."

WHERE THERE IS VISION...
I was impacted so deeply by her story of taking in one child after another off the streets and providing them a home, a family of foster siblings, food, clothing and, so important, EDUCATION. I was there when a young girl without even clothes was brought in to Hannah's off the street. Today, Hannah cares for over 160 children without much outside support. THAT is about to CHANGE!


Hopechest and Red Letters Campaign just returned from Ethiopia where we identified 8 orphan communities with over 750 kids who would benefit from the Children's Hopechest community - to - community sponsorship model. Remember ... "Where there is vision, there is provision!" We had a vision for supporting Hannah in her incredible work. Amy Bottomly had a vision of bringing support for Kolfe orphanage. Tom Davis had a vision for bringing futures to 1,000 children in Ethiopia.

THERE IS PROVISION!
Well ... guess what, I want to show you the provision (watch video).
It brings tears to my eyes to see Hannah's orphanage on this video and to realize that God has taken this experience full circle. Also, keep an eye out for Moses' Orphanage - the community that the Red Letters Campaign community is sponsoring.



To date, it appears that we have four of these communities sponsored already. Today, we already have almost 60 sponsors for our own orphanage (Moses' Orphanage), but we have room for more. Also, we'd love to take on another orphanage. If you want to be part of this, you can still send an email to Amy Bottomly at amyde63@hotmail.com. If you want more information, click here to read more.

AND THAT PROVISION IS IN EACH OF US!
It's time to stop saying, "Impossible ... who am I." Discover your vision. Claim your provision. Make a difference where you feel called. "The Voice of Adventure" is the namesake for this blog and I think it's worth paraphrasing here:

"There is a rawness and a wonder to life. Pursue it. Hunt for it. Sell out to get it." " Build a fire in your heart. Follow God's impulses. Adopt the child. Move overseas. Teach the class. Change careers. Run for office. MAKE A DIFFERENCE." "Don't listen to the whines of those who have settled for a second rate life and want you to do the same so they won't feel guilty. Your goal is not to live long. It's to live. Sure it isn't safe, but what is."
Remember that the small things that we do in life may seem small to us, but may be HUGE to a child in need. And thanks so much for walking this journey with me. It's so much better to walk with friends! Feel free to steal this post to share with your readers in full or in part as you like and to link your post below.

5 comments:

Holly said...

It is so wonderful to know tht HOPE is alive and action is POSSIBLE! :)

Dustin, Nikki, Madison and Sage said...

Hey Angel,
Where did you get that great quote? Or is it yours?

Have a great week!
Nikki

Nikki said...

Hey Angel! As I'm sure Russ told you I am spotlighting RLC's Ethiopia program this month at blogs for a cause. Just wanted to give an update- so far we are only at $45 raised for RLC. This is pretty low, it is usually much higher by this point. Not sure if there are any other ways to spread the word about it or getting RLC supporters to get their blog designed, but just thought I woudl mention it. I would love to raise at least my average ($150) for you, especially since the money is going to Ethiopia! Depending on the charity, I have raised up to $400 when the word is spread well (that way for Mayan Families, as a ton of Guatemalan adoption families got theirs done). So, just thought I would mention it- let me know if you have any ideas so we can get it up to at least average!

Jodi said...

amen! amen! and amen!!!!

Angel, I am one of your faithful readers and love your heart and love your blog. God has been saying to us exactly what you wrote in this post. I feel it is straight from God's heart. We are in the midst of praying for what direction we are to take next.

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful conference that was called "Opening the Gate of Supply" thru Global Harvest Ministries. One of the quotes they used was "where there is vision, there is provision."

I am excited to watch God work!

Laura P said...

Wow, God is on the MOVE! How exciting. Thanks for the reminder of for all of us to dig deep and make a difference!
PS. I am putting your quote on my blog, if it's not ok let me know and I will take it off. Thanks Angel!