Sunday, November 02, 2008

We are home- well vacation home... :0)

I would have blogged sooner but when they told us we could leave the hospital we shot out of there as fast as we could. Then we got to our vacation home and I was asleep about 10 minutes after we walked in with Kaiya konked out beside me. I slept for several hours... then Russ decided he was tired. He's my hero and unpacked everything and cleaned out the car while we slept. So then he laid down with Kaiya and I went and took a LONG hot shower. I feel human again!

Russ and Kaiya are still out cold. We will just see how she feels when she wakes up. They said the effects of the anesthesia should wear off by dinner. So we will see if she perks up or not. Just taking it moment by moment and soaking in this wonderful vacation home. It is beautiful here. We have everything we need. We have LOTS of family in town with us... we have food and a wonderful place to stay. The big girls have been hitting the parks with the grandparents and having a blast. Thank you Lord for family. We are SET! Thank you for all your prayers and concern. You are all so precious. I truly do feel blessed. All is well. We are happy and safe. Seems the happiest place on Earth is wherever you make up your mind you want it to be. ;0) OK! Time for a snack and a little bit of NOTHING. Yeah.... sounds perfect. Hugs! Angel

13 comments:

Claire said...

Im so glad everything is ok! Now go and have fun on your vacation : )

Marianne said...

I'm so glad you are settled in. Sounds like you are ready to relax and enjoy this time with your family. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Amy said...

I'm glad you are back so soon and that everything went well. I hope Kaiya wakes up happy and that the rest of your vacation is uneventful and restful!! Have a good time!

Dimple Queen said...

Wow Angel...I was looking at my facebook page and saw your updates...so I hurried over here to read more! Sorry you all are going through this while on vacation....I will pray she wakes up happy...well...in a bearable mood at least!

Take care and have a great time!

Debbie T said...

Angel, I'm so glad Kaiya's surgery went well and she's resting peacefully. Hopefully, when she wakes up, she's happy and ready to go conquer the 'world'. :)
Hugs, DebbieT
P.S. Did you realize that one year ago today, we were on our way to awesome time in Guat?!!

Tara said...

OH Angel...I'm so glad things are settling down. Will pray that Kaiya has a quick recovery. So sorry we missed you....but completely understand! ;o)

Take care of your family....and yourself. Have fun at Disney...

Darlene said...

Great post, Angel. You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Angel, I hope that Kaiya is feeling o.k. and is able to have fun at DW. We live just down the road and are up in DW quite often. Will probably be up on Sunday the 9th. Are you going to be at one of the parks? If so, which one and I will keep my eyes out for you. Kate was a CHI cutie (List 12).

Susan and Kate
Riverview FL

Anonymous said...

Angel, I hope that Kaiya is feeling o.k. and is able to have fun at DW. We live just down the road and are up in DW quite often. Will probably be up on Sunday the 9th. Are you going to be at one of the parks? If so, which one and I will keep my eyes out for you. Kate was a CHI cutie (List 12).

Susan and Kate
Riverview FL

Zoe said...

I am so glad Kaiya is okay!
I hope the rest of your trip is safe and fun :)

nikki said...

So glad things are calming down and you can enjoy a little R & R.

Wendy said...

Oh Goodness Gracious!!! That is not the kind of excitement I was looking forward to reading about on your blog! Poor little sweet pea. I hope the rest of your visit is relatively BORING!

Kellie said...

I am so glad she is ok. How frightening for all of you. We will keep your family in our prayers.