Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thank you doesn't cut it....


There are some moments that thank you doesn't seem to cut it. If we took time to consider our lives more often I believe "thank you" would be more often on our lips.

We have food, water, shelter, homes, people who love us. For that alone we should be deeply grateful. Beyond that it gets ridiculous. We have education, TVs, cell phones, cars, vacations, soft beds, video games, movie theaters, playgrounds, libraries, gyms, churches, football stadiums, theme parks, books, first class medical care.... so of course we just shine with joy right? If only. It seems we more easily focus on the things that bother us, upset us, inconvenience us. We easily find ourselves complaining when all around us is comfort and luxury. We have a doctor- we have to wait too long- the copay is too high. We have a car- gas is too expensive- it has a dent that bothers us. We have a house- it's not as big as we wish it was- we want something nicer. Hmmmm. Why is that?

I do not mean to say there is not pain- deep pain in our lives. Certainly we see it all around. Yet, how much joy is missed while we are busy complaining? How much pain do we cause while we lust after things we should not have? What would our lives look like if we began to celebrate and recognize how deeply blessed we are?

As I look at my life right now I am overwhelmed with the blessings I see. I have done nothing worthy of the gifts God has poured out on my life. I am lavishly blessed. I long to be more purposeful in focusing on the joy given to me. Today- in my heart- thank you doesn't begin to be enough. Thank you doesn't cut it. Angel



8 comments:

Lilysmom said...

As always well said!

Holly said...

Amen Angel! May we live every day with an attitude of thanks...

nikki said...

Such a great post!!!
Just catching up on blogs. I love how you guys all had on your Disney gear for Thanksgiving!!!

Wendi said...

All too right, my friend, all too right! Great T-Day posts and pics...looking forward to catching up...has it been a month already? whoa! weird.

Rhonda said...

Awesome post Angel.
Blessings. Rhonda

Darlene said...

No. Thank you does not begin to cut it. We can only choose to give as an outpouring of our Thanks. Great post, friend!!

Melinda said...

So, so true! How often we forget the many, many blessing we experience every day. I also have so much to be thankful for, but yet don't thank the One who made it all possible. Thanks for putting it into perspective for us all!

Wife to the Rockstar said...

AMEN!!!!