Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kebebtsehay

Red Letters Campaign is OFFICIALLY sponsoring the children of Kebebsehay Children's Home in Ethiopia!! Initially we were assigned a much smaller orphanage but we have grown SO MUCH that we needed to go to a larger place where there were more orphans to be served. There are 120 beautiful children waiting to be loved at Kebebsehay. So far we have 98 people sponsoring through RLC. Please join us if you would like to be a part of these childrens' lives. I hope one day we will be have so many people with this heart that lives will be changed all through Ethiopia. I have a vision to see thousands of orphans learn about safety and love and education through this program. One of my favorite people in Ethiopia likes to say where there is a vision... there is provision. God is our provision.

My hubby made this wonderful video to introduce you to our kids!!!! Meet the children of Kebebsehay...





For more information check out http://tinyurl.com/6dmned

Please feel free to spread the word!!! :0) Angel


6 comments:

Melinda said...

I loved the video, great job to Russ for putting it together. I can't wait to meet the kids and specifically the precious one my family and I will be sponsoring.

Valerie said...

Awesome. I'm excited to be on this journey with you guys. And amazed at how quickly a tug on your hearts turned into such a remarkable story with almost 100 orphans that are going to be sponsored already...

jodes said...

I am so excited about this!! Its great how many people are wanting to get involved. And i LOVED the video - Great job Russ!!

Courtney Wilson said...

Hi Angel...
I am a part of the orpahnage sponsorship (through Amy Bottomly in a round- about way :) ), and I am desperately looking for information on how the kids in my Children's Ministry can help. We are doing an offering project for the month of December and I would LOVE to have it relate to the kids at Kebebtsehay! I was thinking along the lines of collecting money for something - a specific goal in mind - such as so many cans of formula, diapers, etc. Or even balls or something? It works best if it is measurable. What I need to know is what they need, who I would send the check to at the end of the month, and how much approximately it would be (American dollars!) per item. I'm thinking if I can start promoting this weekend I can get $200-300? Could you or someone please let me know what I need to do or if this is even possible?
Please email me as soon as possible so I can get info out this weekend if possible!
prophetboys(at)yahoo.com

Alice said...

I am already in LOVE, can't wait to see my child for the first time. Thanks for giving us a sneak peek. Seeing them makes it more real to me.

S. and Company said...

Just wanted to say Way to Go!! I started reading your blog last spring when my husband and I began research on adoption. I was hooked immediately because of your passion for children all over the world. Thank you for stepping out in faith toward the vision the Lord has given you and these other people. God bless you as you continue. We care soooo much about the plight of orphans all over the world, and we are thankful you are providing tangible ways to get involved!
Keep pressing on!!
a sister in Christ,
Natalie
(if you're curious about who is following your blog, please check out the blog we recently put together...
www.likepottersclay.bogspot.com)
Hope you have a great day!