Thursday, October 02, 2008

YOU ARE INVITED TO A VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER!!!

Some blogger buddies and I are hosting a virtual baby shower for my friend Amy. YOU are invited. If you would like to participate or help host the shower then read away! We are glad you came. :0) Amy could really use our help and support. I hope we can all let her know how much we care.
-
My dear friend Amy is expecting 5 babies.... Yes you read that correctly. FIVE! Nope- no typos. She is expecting 5!!! The due date is projected to be 4-6 weeks from today and she just found out she was going to have 5 more babies 2 days ago. :0) AMAZING! You think THAT is amazing??? Wait till you hear this...
she already has 7 children at home. Oh yeah. Now we are talking. Now she will add 5 more beautiful babies to their family. Now this family needs 5 more beds, 5 more car seats, 5 more dressers, 5 more seats at the table, clothes for 5 more, etc. etc. And no, they have no idea what they are going to drive! The new kiddo's are a sibling group of five coming to them through the foster system -but they are no longer foster children because this precious family is adopting them. They are ages 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Recently I blogged about my visit with Amy and her precious family here and here. Here is some of what I said about her...... Next it was off to see my dear friend Amy. Amy is one of the best things that has happened from my blog adventure. Amy started following my blog back when I was in process with Zoe. She had 4 tummy kids and 1 adoption under her belt at that point.
She basically liked my blog cause she thought I was fun and a maybe just a little CRAZY cause I was adopting older..... UNTIL...... God told her she should adopt an older child. LOL!!! So she e-mailed me and an amazing friendship was born.
She went on to adopt the wonderful Mya and now sweet K. I, of course, have added Zoe and Kaiya. This year I got to go on an amazing mission trip to Eagle's Nest Orphanage in Guatemala with her.I just love this lady. I KNOW God sent her to me! She is such a support to me. I learn so much from Amy. I truly admire the way she parents her children. She is a Proverbs 31 type of woman. I was in awe spending the night in her home. She has 7 children and her home is peaceful and fun and pleasant. Her children are so sweet! They are amazing.

SO THAT'S MY FRIEND AMY!!!! The number of children blessed to have her as a mother are now 12!

Not everyone has the gifts to mother 12 children. Not everyone can be a teacher or president or run a bulldozer. We all have certain skills. Amy has the skills to have a large family. God has gifted her with 12... Twelve children who are loved and safe and happy together.

12 is a good number... don't you think? After knowing Amy I know this is her gift- being a mother.

Some people don't like twelve. They say it's too many. I celebrate that Amy has such a grace and courage in the gifts God has given her. I celebrate the lives she has changed by surrendering her own life to serve others.

12 is great! 12 can be handy!

What would she ever cut out to make her life easier?

Is there anything or anyone she would leave out? Heaven forbid!


Life isn't always easy-

it can even get down right messy!


What makes it worth living???

Looking back and seeing this.....
Looking out on a field and seeing this.... Soooo I think for Amy.... 12 is AWESOME!
So, Amy and crew, the next time some sad little person asks you WHY you would EVER want to adopt 5 more kids...

You just say, "Look, for us it's not about more kids."
"For us it's about more people to love!"
Plus tell em' to hush up or they will have to deal with me. Ya' KNOW how tough I am! ;0)

I know that not everyone celebrates our adoptions the same way they do pregnancies. I know some people don't see the 12th child the same way they saw the first. We KNOW that's not at all God's view. God celebrated each of your babies before the world began. We know that and we are REJOICING with you and with them. I can hardly wait to meet them.

So for everyone who wants to celebrate with Amy would you consider donating a gift of money to help them get started with these 5 new kids? I have placed a Pay Pal donate button on the top right hand corner of my blog. It's SUPER easy. Just push the donate now button. I will send every penny I collect to Amy.

EDITED TO ADD!!!!! Thanks to Elizabeth (and her friend) Amy now has her own BLOG BADGE!!!! Take a look- it's on my side bar. If you want to you can add the blog badge to you blog for the next week or so and it will take your readers to this post so they can attend the virtual shower. How cool is that? Thanks Elizabeth!

I considered a gift card or buying gifts but I know that Amy is so thrifty that she will make the money go farther than I ever could! Let's help them out! Thanks for coming to our virtual shower. Make sure you leave Amy a comment below to give her new kiddos a shout out!

Hugs, Angel

PS Please feel free to spread the word on your blog and use this post in part or in whole. You can help host our virtual baby shower!

Check out Holly's blog. She is my co-host and started the idea of getting this going ASAP.... Precious! Thank you for helping me get this together Holly.

Carolyn is also co-hosting this virtual shower. Thank goodness for amazing people like this in our lives.



If you would like to help host this shower on your blog feel free to enter your blog address to let us know where you are. I have entered a few I have seen around. :0)


29 comments:

Recovering Noah said...

Wow, Angel. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to post Amy's news on my blog - and then I saw yours. That's one awesome post! There's no way to top that! lol. So, I'm just going to direct people over here. Love it! Leslie

Angie said...

That is sooooo awesome! As a mom of 7, 12 doesn't sound like a whole lot to me, but still higher than I can handle right now :0) So you go! The world needs more people like you to love those babies! Congratulations on your new additions! I totally get big families.

The Engelhardt 4 said...

I love AMY so much and I haven't even met her!!! Thanks for hosting this. I totally thinks she ROCKS and I hope I can meet her soon!! I will get on the donation as soon as I can.....thanks for doing this.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

TNKerry said...

That is just awesome. I love your gift, Amy. Is there a better one? I think not. :)

Flamingo Mama said...

i think that is awesome!!!! you are right, we are all gifted differntly...we should not compare ourselves. at this point i am happy with just my 1 coming home:0 however, i'm sure amy never had a plan for 12..so who knows what our blogs will entail 5 years from now. dear goodness, i hope it's not 12;)

anyway, i would love to help bless this family...will do soon. does this family have a blog? i'm assuming not, but i would love to follow their story.

Phyllis said...

Awesome idea, Angel!! This morning I was trying to think of what I could do for them, then I check your blog and you've already gotten it organized....THANK YOU!! I'm so excited for them and am continuously inspired by them.
Phyllis & Kristen

Sara said...

This family is the real deal folks. I know often we put ourselves in that position and cannot imagine how they have done it or how they will not, but honestly they do an awesome job! They are super people and are the hands and feet of Christ. Many blessing Amy!!

Audrey said...

I've added your baby shower post to my blog. Praising God for Amy and her wonderful family today! Praying for a smooth transition and many many blessings for your family!

QuEEn oF tHe cAstLe said...

How do we participate in this baby shower???? PAYPAL??? PLEASE let me know!

DebbieT said...

I second everything that Amy said about Amy!!! She is amazing and I am so blessed to call her my friend. Her heart is solid gold! I'm so thrilled to help celebrate and welcome her 5 beautiful babies. Good job, Angel!! hugs, DebbieT

Angie said...

How neat, where do you find her blog?
Angie

stacey said...

Words can not express how happy I am for this family and those beautiful children. I am a foster parent in Texas and I had gotten an email when these children became available for adoption. I have prayed and thought of them often. God truly had his hand in this and I could not be happier...God bless you and your wonderful family, Stacey

Nikki said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so exciting, and they are so beautiful!!Congratulations Amy!

JuJu - said...

you know I LOVE it:) Go Amy GO:)

Jenny said...

What a true blessing for this already amazing family!! We are thinking about starting adoption #3, but wonder how 5 kids in the house would be!!

Congrats on these beautiful blessings!

Doreen said...

Great idea Angel! doreen

Jill said...

I just hopped over from Melinda's blog! What a beautiful thing you are doing and a wonderful way to honor God's calling on their lives.

We too have 7 children, soon to be 8 and open our arms to every child God calls us to adopt. Like Amy people don't even want to hear anymore that we are bringing another child home. It is sad how the body of Christ is sometimes the most negative for our large family by choice. May God work in the body and more hear His voice calling them to accept one of His forgotten children.

Love and blessings,
Jill

Michelle Riggs said...

Great post. Thanks for organizing this.

I am so excited for Amy.

Erica said...

Absolutely amazing. An inspiration for SURE. I'm getting a post ready to hit tomorrow morning. What an amazing family. God is GOOD!

Amy said...

How exciting for all 14 of them!

Angel,

Are you returning to Eagle's Nest this summer?

Amy

Darlene said...

What an amazing story... and great idea for the baby shower. I love it!

I will post about Amy, and link them back to this post!

Oh, and by the way... I just had to nominate you.
Here is your award:
http://worthwalkingtoward.blogspot.com/2008/10/smile.html

Darlene

SupermomE11 said...

I love Amy and her family and I'm so excited they were chosen for these five gorgeous kiddos.

And, I LOVE that she is going to have one more child than me!!! :)

I linked to her baby shower on my blog... I hope we can get them LOTS of help.

Hugs,
Erin

Tessa said...

Amazing! Inspiring! What a beautiful family that just radiates God's love!

Leslie said...

Congratulations Amy and family!!!

Sara said...

I posted on my blog...can't wait for you Amy and Todd!

Laurel said...

Awesome and Amazing.

I am a mama of 13 (10 bio. plus 3 siblings brought home from Ghana this year).

My first 6 kids were 6, 5, 3, 1, 1, newborn. So, I've done the close spacing, too. It won't be easy ... but who ever said that parent should be easy? However, it will be a true blessing to the whole family.

Congrats Amy! Pop on over to my blog if you want to read about a family that's even bigger than yours. :)

Laurel
http://imghanaadopt.blogspot.com

Becca said...

I am so happy for your friend Amy - woo hoo! Mom to the power of twelve!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Marianne said...

Angel,
I am also so happy for your friend Amy and also for those beautiful children who call her Mom. Thanks.

Howard said...

Very nice tips. Thanks for sharing!
Adopt A Virtual Baby