Monday, October 20, 2008

7 random things about me.... (TAGGED!)


1. It feels kinda weird to me that I haven't moved in 4 years. I have moved at LEAST every 3 years most of my life. Don't get me wrong- I am liking it. It just feels odd to stay in one place for so long. Some days it shocks me that I am still here.

2. I need my sleep. I get down right grouchy if I don't get my sleep. I am a night owl and do everything I can to avoid early morning activities and to coerce my children into being just like me. So far, so good.

3. My favorite thing to do is travel to amazing places. When I was younger I wanted to be a travel agent or a flight attendant so I could travel for free. Bet ya couldn't have guessed that one! ;0)

4. I used to work for an amazing photographer. She bought me my first awesome camera and encouraged me in my photography skills. I love her for that.

5. Russ and I lived in the Seattle area for awhile back before our kiddos. It was one of the most carefree times in our marriage. Weekends were always full of hiking, camping, snow skiing, whale watching, scenic drives, shopping at outdoor markets and seeing new things. I still miss seeing Mt. Ranier and those carefree times. I don't miss the dreary winters or housing prices. 

6. I am a big analyzer. I am not the kind of person that usually just lets a thought slide on past. I have to sit there and figure out what I think about it. Sometimes useful.... sometimes just annoying...

7. I do NOT like being tied down. I want my life to be flexible and fun. I can't STAND having commitments every week that I have to be at. It makes me crazy. I need to be free to get up and go. On that note I can't handle not having my own car when I go somewhere. I get all jittery when I feel stuck. Guess I have an independent streak huh?


:0) Angel

8 comments:

ellie said...

oh you are so much like me! Except my firstborn always woke up at 5 am so I have to get up in the morning (I still go to bed late but I'm just grouchy all the time :)

Tessa said...

I am right there with you on the sleep thing and the analyzing one ... I know exactly what you mean by "sometimes useful, sometimes annoying"!

Nan said...

I'm opposite on the sleeping pattern... I'm up late tonight. I'm usually in bed by 10pm but then up by 6am to start my day. Totally a morning person here. Not a late night person. Except those years when I was 19-24. :-)

Rhonda said...

fun fun fun! Loved reading all your answers!

nikki said...

I am so like you on the sleep and being a night owl!!!! Thank God we trained our kiddos to be just like us!!!!

Suzanne said...

Hey Angel,

Do you know Corey (Gaines Adventures in Parenting)? I've been following her story a long time, and wanted to see those twins come home, but her blog's gone private. Could you ask her if I can have access if you know her?

Thanks,
Suzanne

Michelle Riggs said...

Love learning more about you.

Sami and I both LOVE time4learning.

Abby got her BRA hat today! I will take a picture when she wakes up. :-)

Flamingo Mama said...

scary when people seem a lot alike. i soooo into the night thing too and encourage my children to do the same. i'm glad to know that encouraging morning slothfulness in our children is not a sin;)