Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's going on in our neck of the woods???





























A couple of these pictures were taken in Haiti. Most are in Texas... many in Galveston where we just vacationed a couple of weeks ago. It's really hard to believe. We have a few fallen trees... downtown where my hubby often works huge amounts of damage... an hour away in our vacation spot complete destruction. I got these pics from this website They are much bigger on their site with captions that tell you where it is located.



Russ got to return to his office today- NOT the one downtown. I don't know if that one is opened. I kinda doubt it. Zoe's school is saying it will be opened next week. The grocery stores and gas stations are still iffy on what they will have in stock. Russ said on his way to work many of the stop lights still did not work. He said many of the businesses in the area still seemed to be closed. He saw only one gas station opened WITH gas available. WOW.... weird. Normal.... what's that? Angel

7 comments:

Amy said...

Those are quite the pictures and help us to know better the need for prayer for families in the area.

Darlene said...

Holy. Cow.

Darlene

TNKerry said...

I didn't know where you lived and had no idea you were so close to all of this. So sorry. I can't imagine how all of you must feel.

amber said...

Oh my. These pictures are crazy. I'm glad everything is okay around your place!

LouLou said...

Angel,
My heart goes out to all of you affected..... Living on the coast in ALabama I know well how hurricanes disrupt life..... Praying for you all...

Rhonda said...

These picture bring back some vivid memories of Katrina. Same pictures, different location. I pray your community comes back fast. But, don't count too much on the government helping. Your community has to pull together and help each other. My prayers are with you.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

INSANE/. We have been watching the news.