Thursday, September 11, 2008

WE EVACUATED- Just so ya know! ;0)

HOUSTON! WE HAVE A PROBLEM! His name is Ike....


So we decided to get outta the Houston area today. Hurricane Ike decided to take a little turn and head for a visit to our house. Durn unwelcome guests!!! They have not said there is an evacuation for our zip code but we don't want to take chances of getting stuck without electricity with the kiddos. Our house has been known to lose electricity with a heavy breeze blowing. Soooo... OFF TO GRANDMAS!



Here is an interesting tidbit! Today they DID evacuate the area where Kaiya was supposed to have her surgery this morning. She was going to be at the Children's Hospital in Galveston. YIKES! It turns out that we would have had surgery CANCELLED and then been stuck with tons of traffic. As it is we are already at Polka Dot's house chilling out. Polka Dot is hanging out with Kaitlyn and Zoe. They get to make cupcakes and watch Miley Cyrus! Mommy and Daddy get to hang out after Daddy works remotely for awhile. His office is closed till Monday due to the storm as are all the schools.



I am excited to finish watching the HBO series John Adams with Russ on DVD tonight. It's a very cool series about the beginnings of The United States of America... LOVING IT! I always love entertainment that actually teaches me something.



ANYWAY! I am SOOOOOO thankful to be here and not in a hospital room or being evacuated from a hospital. I pray this storm blows over with no major disaster. We are so blessed to just be able to zoom off to grandma's for a wonderful weekend. There are so many people who don't have that option. Still they are blessed to even have storm shelters in this country. I can't imagine what it feels like to be in a place where you have no options and there is no where to go and no one to help. I am thankful that tonight my family will be safe,fed and unafraid. That is the good life.

16 comments:

Tessa said...

God's blessings continue to be revealed ... no surgery, no hassle with evacuating the hospital and a safe warm home to spend your weekend! Glad to hear that all is well and you are all okay!

Tracey said...

I am so glad you are safe...you know you could always move to Colorado:) We don't have Ike's here:)

Laura said...

I was just watching the Weather Channel and thinking about you all and wondering if you'd have to leave! Glad you have a safe place to go and so glad to hear that Kaiya does not need surgery!

Nikki said...

I too hope it passes over with no damage. My heart is just breaking for the people of Haiti right now... :(

P.S. Just got my Ethiopia acceptance letter in the mail today!! Not sure if you knew (i haven't talked to you in forever) but I am headed to ethiopia this feb.! As you know, I really wanted to go with you but it was right in midterm time so didnt work out, but I am so glad I found another option- I can't wait!!

Tara said...

I am thinking & praying for your family (and all the other families affected by this storm). Stay safe and don't get too bored/spoiled!!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

glad to hear you are well!

how cool is that about the hospital (well, not for the people there)....i hope all is well at your home.

Nan said...

i'm glad you guys got out! hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

what i want to know Angel Face, is when are you going to own up to the fact that YOU wanted the brownies:) that cracked me up when dad told me what Russ said.

So glad that I had the time with the girls...KK was precious falling asleep eating her chicken. I'll save her brownie for her! Zoe...well..she went from watching the movies..playing with her Barbie and listening to her Jonas Brother's CD/DVD...fun times today...

Feels good to have your little family safe and sound next door...and I am having fun AIMing you....

Looking fwd to our Mamma Mia time
Love
Mamma Mia, polkadot

Anonymous said...

So glad it is working out to feel safe and together and no surgery.What a sigh of relief. I figured you never have school closings. We get them in MN with the snow...you get them for the wind! We home school though so don't get those days. We just have mom burn out days once in awhile. ;o)
Julie

Amy said...

Glad you are safe. We are praying for the families of Ike.

The Engelhardt 4 said...

Hope we can get together since you are only 45 min away (at the most). I sent an email, so let me know what you think. Glad your up here near us and not so close.

DebbieT said...

so glad you and yours are safe, warm and cozy with famly - no better place to be! hugs, Debbie

JuJu - said...

Hey you -
how about an update on my little sis and her fam -
You better be safe:)
hug polka dot and the kids for me too:)

Dustin, Nikki, Madison and Sage said...

We were thinking of your family as we listen to the news and are so glad you evacuated. And having fun on top of that!

Blessings!
Nikki

Wife to the Rockstar said...

Glad you got out!

Jeff Goins said...

hope you all are safe and doing well.