Monday, September 15, 2008

WE ARE HOME!

We are home. We got back late last night. We had virtually no damage at our house. Praise the Lord!! Some tree limbs in our yard and a small part of our gate came off the hinges. We have power as of yesterday. Internet came on this morning. We did lose a lot of food in the frig. I am so grateful that we have had it so easy. There are still MANY people with no power. I am going to text my friends to see if they need to crash here. We just found out Zoe has no classes tomorrow. Russ is working from home for now. Looks like his office will be closed tomorrow too. Sadly that actually means more work for him in some ways cause he has to run crazy computer models through our Internet instead of using the work server. Basically everything takes 10 times longer to get done even though we have the fastest Internet we can get. Still, he does not have to commute and some meetings got canceled for now so that's helpful. Kaitlyn is spending the week with Polka Dot (grandma) and Grandpa at their house. Zoe may still have school later this week. So for this week I only have 2 kiddos. Wanna hear something really fascinating?? This hurricane evacuation has been the most relaxing time I have had since I left for China... LOL! Sad isn't it? I only wish this were a time of rest for everyone. I am hoping to find a way the girls and I can help some people by making meals or something. So far I don't know what to do. Mostly it seems like they need guys and chain saws! ;0) Hugs! Angel

13 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

We are so glad everything is ok at your house! We have been praying for you guys! Thanks for keeping us updated!

seven stews said...

Angel, I was very worried about you all. I'm so glad everyone is safe and back home. Hugs, Denene Stewart - Fellow CHI'er and adoptive mom

Live to love and laugh said...

Praise the Lord. I have wondered about you a lot over the weekend.
It is good to hear you are safe and sound.
But it is also terrible to hear of so many people in the wake of such a terrible storm.

Darlene said...

So glad everything is in tact at your home. I am also glad that you, um, 'got away'!!!
I am sure if I had no power I would love a meal brought to me by the cute Kaiya and Zoe!
Thank you for keeping your blog buddies updated!
Darlene

The Engelhardt 4 said...

Glad you made it home safely and your house made it through! Talk to you soon!

Amy Clemons said...

Glad to hear that all is well with you and yours.

Dustin, Nikki, Madison and Sage said...

So glad you are home and you had such little damage! Yeah! I don't know how well I could handle a chainsaw (ha ha) but sure wish there was some way to help from here. We stayed in a little house five blocks from the seawall in Galveston in July. We can't even begin to guess if a part of it survived. (It was built in 1876 and survived the 1900 hurricane.)

Glad you're home!

Nikki

Faithful Froggers said...

Thinking of you all! So glad you are safe at home. Praying for all of you in Texas. :)

beBOLDjen said...

Very glad you sustained little damage and you're home safe. Blessings!

Tessa said...

Welcome home and glad to hear that you are okay!

Mandy said...

Glad to hear that all is well with your home!

Amy said...

Glad there was no damage and you are safe and sound! :0) Love ya- Amy

nikki said...

So glad things were all good at home!!!