Friday, September 05, 2008

Russ....

My hubby doesn't make appearances here as often as his adorable princesses. They often steal the show. The truth is though- my hubby IS the show. He is in the background making everything work. I sometimes call him the great and powerful OZ. ;0) I can't fathom life without my best friend beside me. God has given me the most precious gift in this man. He is everything I could possibly hope for in a husband and father for my sweeties.

Please don't misunderstand me... our marriage isn't always a bed of roses. I don't think a good marriage is one that does not have hard times. I believe a great marriage is two people who know what love is REALLY about. Love is NOT something that comes and goes. Love is not a warm feeling or a gushy poem. Those things that can stem from love are lots of fun. The truth is though- they come and go.

REAL LOVE is something we do when the feelings are there and when they are not. Love is NOT something you always feel. Love is something you DECIDE. I decided 12 years ago that I would love this man for the rest of my life. I was only 18 when we met but I knew that he was going places that I wanted to be. At 21 years old I pledged to be with him and love him till death. I pray that never once has my hubby had to wonder whether I would be beside him and continue to love him. I know that I have never had to question that. I choose him every day.

If I could line up every man in the whole world I would choose him today without a moments hesitation. I would choose him on the days when I feel all oogly about him- like today. I would choose him on the days he really gets on my nerves- like yesterday. LOL! :0) Feelings are undependable. Love is ALWAYS dependable. Love NEVER fails even when we do.

I am honored to be his helper and friend always. Choosing to love him always is the best decision I ever made. I am so blessed that he has chosen to love me too. Keep an eye on this man. I can tell you that he is going places you can't even imagine. This is a guy that will leave the world better than he found it. Just watch and you'll see. Someday everyone will figure out what I knew the moment I met him... he's amazing. Angel

PS. Thanks to Jamie for the super cool pics of my sexy man. I love them! :0) You got SKILLS man.

27 comments:

Tara said...

WOW, great photos. Isn't it funny that we sometimes overlook our husbands contributions to our lives? I LOVE how you put it - that he IS the show! Great way to put it and a wonderful post in tribute of RUSS! You're such a sweetie!

Marlene said...

Amen, Angel! I love hearing about the daddys and husbands. I am blessed to have one of the great husbands too.

Tessa said...

Your love for Russ just pours out when you write about him ... what an amazing and loving tribute!

Amy said...

Awww Russ IS so cool. I STILL say you are the better half though! LOL(just don't tell him I said that!) AWESOME pictures by the way- Jaime DOES do a great job! Amy

Mandy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful husband!

The Engelhardt 4 said...

very cool post, girl. I may have to steal the idea and do one for Gabe soon. You ROCK!!
love and hugs.

HoustonMamaJenn said...

How awesome Angel!! What a sweet and very true post AND what a great friend to take such awesome pics of YOUR MAN!!! Ya'll are so awesome together!!

Amy Clemons said...

Wow! I met my hubby when I was just 18 and we to married when I was 21. We have been together 8 yrs and married for 4. I hope to celebrate 50+ yrs with him just like my grandparents did.

Thank you for sharing your story.

nikki said...

Great post Angel!!!
Sounds like you guys have a great partnership!!

Melinda said...

Awww, how sweet Angel! You are so right though, we might not always "feel" love, but we choose it anyways. I love the pictures, they turned out great!

Pep said...

Awe - that is one sweet post, Angel.

Hugs, pep

JuJu - said...

One more thing that we have in common;)

we are scary alike;)

I am so proud of both of you and what you have bother already done -
you have both already changed this world in a lot of ways!


love to you guys!

Greta Jo said...

Wow, what a beautiful, touching post, Angel. You are blessed!
You both have already changed the world.

Courtney said...

awesome photos. good luck with surgery. Kaiya is gorgeous. Courtney

Cat & Mark said...

Very well said. You sum it up nicely. :) ~Cat~

Lynn said...

Russ must be a great guy! I am sure he is blushing over all this attention.

OK, now about Kaiya's surgery. After Will got his tonsils/adenoids taken out, I was not prepared for how he felt/acted coming out from under the anesthesia. Not sure if Kaiya will be the same way, but he was very, very upset.

Praying for you!

Carpenters said...

The pictures are great! Our little ones do steal the show often (and not just in pictures). It's good to hear a little gushing every once and a while.

With Love,
Penelope

Tracey said...

Awesome post!

One of the best things about living is getting to spend the rest of your life with your best friend, the other...being a mommy!

And what great pics of him!

Becca said...

What a hottie! I love this post - bless your heart.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Debbie said...

That was such a beautiful post.

You both are very lucky.

Sadly, last month I lost my husband in a tragi accident and I reget that I haven't said those kind of things to him lately. We would have been married 10 years next month.

My new way of life is now that I will love everyone like it is their last day so everyone knows how much they mean to me.

Martie said...

You have received an award on my site! Come and see it!

Martie

Jennifer said...

Awesome post! I love that you are still being real... ;) no sugar coating and trying to gloss over "everything is perfect". This made me cry because of how REAL it was!
Thanks for making my day!

Jennifer said...

Awesome post! I love that you are still being real... ;) no sugar coating and trying to gloss over "everything is perfect". This made me cry because of how REAL it was!
Thanks for making my day!

Jennifer said...

Awesome post! I love that you are still being real... ;) no sugar coating and trying to gloss over "everything is perfect". This made me cry because of how REAL it was!
Thanks for making my day!

Jeff Goins said...

Very cool. Russ is a good man. It's great to see this other side of him. As a newlywed, it's great to see this other side of marriage, too. Thanks for an amazing testimony of unconditional love and commitment.

Brandi said...

Wow. . look at all the comments Russ got! I bet he feels so special! J/K I agree. .Russ is a great guy. We are so glad to have "met" you guys and can't wait for you to get here! Hey, I'm waiting impatiently for all the details on Kayia's non surgery! I read it on Russ' facebook but need more! Come on Angel!

Love you,
Bran

Wife to the Rockstar said...

What an awesome post... love the photos too!! You are blessed girl!