Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike Update

So far I am not seeing people hurt on the news coverage. THANK GOODNESS!!! It does look like upwards of 4 million people do not have power. Yikes! I hope it gets resolved soon. I am certain MANY people in our area have no power. I don't know WHEN we will be heading home. It may be awhile. 


Thankfully it looks like a cool front is coming through this week. It has been SOOOOO crazy hot lately near Houston. It will dive to high of 80 this week. I know that still sounds terrible to many of my blogger buddies. For us Texans that is a crisp cool day. OK! Not really- but it's not awful. At least people will not be suffering as badly if they were told they should just wait it out.

On a side note I need to say how ANGRY it makes me to see amazing firemen and rescue workers risk their lives for the idiots who refused to be evacuated in a MANDATORY evacuation zone. Next time please LEAVE you big dummies. 

:0) Angel


7 comments:

Jman's momma said...

Oh yeah 80 degrees in hurricane with power outage is actually bearable. Coming from a Florida panhandle girl ;)

Glad you guys are safe and praying the same for all the other Texas residents.

~anne

oh and those videos - hahahahahaha!!!

Reba said...

Our Ike rain has started. I think our temps are supposed to be in the 60s this week which is so rare in September here. I am so glad you are safe. I agree...I just am dumbfounded how many people decided to not evacuate. Why???
Reba

Darlene said...

Sorry I hadn't checked in on you until now! (I put myself on blog break this weekend... it lasted until this Sunday afternoon, once my hubby started watching football....) I HAVE been praying for your family, as well as all Houston area families. I am so glad to see that you are well, and laughing through the storm. May God be with you and all of your neighbors.
Darlene

Tracey said...

Amen! I was thinking that tonight as I watched the news...evacuate dummys! Glad you are safe!

Michelle said...

I gave you an award. Come over to my blog to check it out... when you have time. I know you have a few more important things going on right now- lol!

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you are safe!
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you are safe!
Suzanne