Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I SLEPT ALL NIGHT!

YAY!!!! I am sooooo excited. I SLEPT! I SLEPT! Russ is taking paternity leave. He was home yesterday and he is home today. Then next week he will take 3 days off. What a life saver. I took the early shift with Kaiya since I couldn't sleep anyway. Then Russ took over. He had a meeting about Red Letters with our pastor which was awesome. Other than that he was home with ME. :0)

Yesterday I spent most of the day just watching my shows and hanging out with the girls while he did most of the leg work. My job was just to stay awake. LOL!! Sadly that was about the only job I could handle. I made it till 9:30ish and took 2 melatonin. I slept till about 6:30am! WOOHOO! I am a new woman. Well at least till nap time. Hee hee hee... I think I am on the right track though. I really think it will take another week or so for me to feel recovered from the jet lag and trip totally. That trip was wonderful but kicked my butt. Lots of work.

Yesterday was great though. Kaiya is SO amazing. She is HILARIOUS! Here are a couple of video clips of her "eating" her yogurt. It tends to look more like a bathing ritual. She is SUCH a messy eater. It is crazy!!! Kaitlyn was this dainty, neat little eater with hardly a crumb on her. This is way foreign to this mommy. Feeding herself is all new to Kaiya. 2 weeks ago when I met her her tongue still had that reflex that babies have to push everything out of their mouth. She could only eat a couple of grains of rice at a time without choking. Now she is shoveling down food like a champ. 2 weeks ago she was spastic in her arm movements and could rarely get the spoon in her mouth. Most of the food ended up on the floor. Seriously... Now it gets all over HER but most of it stays off the floor. HA HA! Anyway, the more sleep I get the more adorable this video gets. I am really so proud of her. She has made incredible progress already.


video

video


23 comments:

Nikki said...

Ahahah, what a ham. LOVE to see that huge smile! So sweet!

Camnamie said...

You'll get over that 12 bath a day thing. At some point you take a wet wipe to them and hope the yogurt works like hair gel. Then when people wonder why your kids look like ragamuffins all the time you can just smile and know that you're doing the best you can! Hang in there!! She is precious!

Darlene said...

I just love her! So cute!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the sleep. You must feel so much better.

Live to love and laugh said...

What a difference a good night's sleep makes in a mommy. Seriously she is the cutest little girl. I love the videos. She giggles with her whole body. I have a feeling she will be a daddy's girl. :)
Cindi

Farrah and Jed said...

I'm laughing here....Is that yogurt on the curtain behind her...HAHAHAHA...She is too adorable!!

Wendy said...

She is hilarious and she knows it! I am in awe of how wonderful she is. And a wee bit jealous....

Wendi said...

how adorable...reminds we of Will's silly eating antics...we call it his "happy food dance" - he does this silly little dance anytime he is eating something he thinks is particularly yummy - like Kaiya's yogurt dance :-). Glad to hear you're getting rest and that Russ is able to take paternity leave - yay for Daddies!

Phyllis said...

Oh Angel...those videos have me cracking up. She is just so darn cute and that is hilarious seeing her eat!! Glad you got some sleep and hope you can get your energy back.
Phyllis (Kristen's mom)

Alice said...

Love to see her REAL personality coming out. It is amazing to me how she has blossomed in just a few weeks. These videos are much different from the first few videos of her. Praise God, Kaiya knows she is LOVED by her whole family.

Sarah said...

Too stinkin cute!! I love her little yogurt dance!!

Holly said...

Cute! I remember when Ellie used to eat like that... baths took place about 3 times a day!

Paul and DeeDee said...

At least she's not smearing it all over that curtain behind her because I know that is what Jackson would be doing..... today instead of our after lunch bath i just stuck him in the baby pool:)

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

She is absolutely too FUNNY! I think she knows she has all of you wrapped around her finger!! She must love being the center of attention too. Too cute. I love how 2-yr olds dance and wiggle with their whole bodies!! Silly times. Congrats on getting rest. That is way cool!!

Ellie said...

Lovin' the Kaiya videos! Tia and I watch them together and she smiles and giggles the whole time! Kaiya has an adorable personality!

YEAH for a good nights sleep :)

Natalie C. said...

Caleb was cracking up at her. I can't wait to get them together.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! this made dad and me laugh so much Angel.....dad heared her voice from across the room and came rolling over to see her :).....the yogart on the hair makes me think of the facial I can do with the tea leaves....wonder if this is a new kind of facial/hair treatment that she knows and we don't! Miss you two...but glad to be home!
Love Mia Momma/Polkadot

Terri said...

So cute! She is beautiful! Yogurt and all!

Amber said...

Those videos are Awesome!

Amy said...

SO PRECIOUS!!! She IS a ham! Love seeing her personality and so glad mommy got some sleep! Amy

nikki said...

Such a cutie, You go Kaiya feeding yourself!!!!

It's amazing how sleep can give us a fresh new outlook!!!!
Your doing great Angel!!!!

PeWee said...

You can't help but enjoy that little messy eater! Tooo cute!

ManyBlessings said...

And that is why babies NEED families.
Loved it!
d:)

Princess D said...

That is too funny. Love the part where she looks at her hand and then puts the yogurt in her hair and cracks up. She is such a little sprite! You guys sound like you are enjoying life with her so much.
Hugs,
D