Thursday, May 29, 2008

She's finding her way back

Yesterday was good- really good. Kaiya was still grieving a bit but it had turned a little more from grieving to testing. She is SOOOOO two years old. This is actually very encouraging to me. I expected that she would be extremely delayed from institutional life. When I met her I was fully expecting she would act more one than two. NO WAY! While she has many skills she needs to catch up on she is definitely ALL THERE mentally. She is sharp as a tack and doesn't miss a beat. She is already pushing each boundary to figure out what is allowed and what will not fly. Soooo funny. We had a morning of try to push mommy's buttons. Once she figured out that wasn't going to work she was a lot sweeter and started to be her cute self. Guess she is trying to figure out if I am up to the task of "mommy." The rest of the evening she was sweet but still a bit edgy. We are getting there. We are past the three day mark... I think that is always big in toddler land. 3 days is what it takes to break their little habits- get them in new routines. She is still asleep... what will the day hold. OH she just woke up. Guess we will see huh?? :0)

Thank you for all your prayers and sweet comments. They are so appreciated. Angel


















11 comments:

Nikki said...

Angel,
I have loved watching your blog and your journey to china. Your daughter is beautiful and the photos of you and her together....priceless. Enjoy the trip. I am so happy you and Judy get to spend this time together. what a Blessing.
Hugs,
Michele H
Sebastian's mom

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

I am glad to hear all is starting to go better. We are dealing with the two year old thing now...in fact, I am having some really bad mommy days!! Praying for you!
Love,
Elizabeth

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

I am glad to hear all is starting to go better. We are dealing with the two year old thing now...in fact, I am having some really bad mommy days!! Praying for you!
Love,
Elizabeth

seven stews said...

Angel, She is absolutey beautiful. When we got our Jess, she grieved really hard the entire first week and would not even smile. Looks like you're getting a small glimpse of her gorgeous personality and spirit. Have a safe trip to Guangzhou. We are watching every day back home. God bless, Denene Stewart

Amy said...

Ok, that's it. I am officially in love. Those pictures of her eating the watermelon in her little diaper about did me in! She even has CUTE ANKLES! LOL Keep writing so I can keep stalking your blog! Miss you and can't wait till you are home so I can hear about everything! (((HUGS))) Amy

Farrah and Jed said...

OMG Angel I love her little face.. She is so dang adorable...

It will get better and better, I'm sure you are missing your normal surroundings by now, I know I would be!!! I like my "NORMAL" life.

She is sweet as that watermelon she is eating though!!!

Jacques & Tara said...

Your little lady bug is so sweet! I LOVE watching toddlers eat - it's such an adventure. You are very observant, understand the cognitive of children well and are very wise - a great combination for Kaiya. She is so blessed to be welcomed into such an accepting, loving & patient family.

Can't wait to see her big sisters reaction...

Thanks (again) for the updates...
Tara

Darlene said...

She is a beautiful angel! I LOVE the watermellon pics.. they are priceless! Still praying for her transition. Safe travels!!

Reba said...

I love the picturs and love seeing her smile. When we brought Maria home (at the age of 2) we didn't see a lot of smiles for months. But now I look at her and just shake my head. It has been about 21 months and I think we are finally seeing who she really is. Anyway, the pictures brought back memories...different country but yet seemed familiar. I hope that things continue to go well. Oh, and she sounds like a very bright young lady!
Reba

Wendi said...

her expressions are SOOO adorable...really reminding of Will, and I'm so glad we'll be in Toddler Land together again!!!

Wendi said...

her expressions are SOOO adorable...really reminding of Will, and I'm so glad we'll be in Toddler Land together again!!!