Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our First Day In Hangzhou

Today was nothing short of amazing. It started with a wonderful breakfast overlooking the West Lake. Ahhhhhh....

Then we went to the room and had a nice long conversation on Skype with my hubby and my precious girls. They were tired and very happy. It was so wonderful to get to web cam with them and see their precious little faces and hear their voices. Then Russ showed me a PRECIOUS video he made for our anniversary. OH MY WORD! It was one of the most wonderful gifts I have ever received... so amazing. He originally put it on the blog but then got a little shy about it. He is really sweet like that... If you would like to encourage him in the comments section that he should share this AWESOME gift on the blog then feel free. ;0)

So anyway, after my CRAZY AWESOME hubby gave me my gift and I bawled my little eyes out we hung up. Then momma and I wondered around the hotel and took pictures. As we wondered we stumbled upon something very exciting- THE SPA!!! They had a special package called the Traditional Chinese Package. It is TWO HOURS of reflexology and massage for $55.00. NO I AM NOT KIDDING! So my mom and I were like SIGN ME UP! It was AMAZING! There will be repeat visits to the spa this trip. :0)

After we were turned into virtual jello we went on a walk by the West Lake. By that time we were RAVENOUS and took a little motor taxi to a restaurant. It was our first experience ordering for ourselves in a non hotel environment. We were feeling PRETTY scared trying to order but then a sweet lady who spoke English came and rescued us. LOL! We ended up with fried rice and coke which was GREAT.

Finally we went to an amazing show called Impressions Of West Lake. WOW! WOW! WOW! It is directed my the same man who is directing the opening games of the Olympics. It was like nothing I have ever seen. I loved it!!! We ended the night with dessert overlooking the lake.

BIG DAY TOMORROW!!!!!! Hugs, Angel













6 comments:

Brandi said...

Sign me up for that deal!! oooh, a 2 hour massage! yes, please.

Have a blast today. .thinking of you. You'll pick her up in just a few hours! yeah! Hug her tight for all of us!

Brandi

Farrah and Jed said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful... Hey I hope you can blog about Kaiya tonight because it is even earlier Florida time, And I can't wait another day...LOL

I know you will blog as soon as you can for these deranged blogger stalkers....We love you though!!!

Angel the pictures you are sharing is absolutly Beautiful, I can hardly wait to go to Thailand....

Anonymous said...

Please share your video!

Meridith said...

Russ, the video was amazing! Be bold (again) and repost. I caught it because I continue to hit refresh on the this blog throughout the day. I am addicted to Angel's journey. It is delightful to see how a Godly marriage is witnessed through your sincere adoration for one another.

Tessa said...

I have to take a moment and ask for the video from Russ to be posted again ... it was so awesome! I wasn't sure what happened to it, but I am glad I got to see it before it was taken off. I LOVE THE SONG! I am just amazed at how perfect it is ...

Wendi said...

Amazing pictures girl...so, what do you think? Should I move there or not? Not that we'd be living anywhere remotely as beautiful, but I can pretend, right??