Friday, May 02, 2008

China Adoption Update!


Our agency received the TA's in the mail today as they hoped they would! YAY!!! We are still on schedule. Now on Monday the Embassy in China will have an e-mail waiting requesting a consulate appointment. We will request 3 different weeks just to be safe. They almost always get their first choice. You request the first available appointment for whatever given week you choose. Our choices are this- 1st choice June 2nd- 2nd choice June 9th- 3rd choice June 16th... You spend a week in your child's province getting the China side of things legal and getting the child's passport before you go to your CA appointment. So if I get my first choice I will leave May 21st! I am so excited to get this figured out. Hopefully sometime between Wed- Fri I will have tickets bought and be officially counting days to travel! :0) Angel

7 comments:

The Engelhardt 4 said...

YAY! My gift is coming together NICELY!! I hope you like it!!

Reba said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait for little Kaiya to be home with you. I also cannot wait to hear about China. :)
Reba

Erica said...

Horray!!! How exciting!!

Lucinda Naia said...

Awesome awesome awesome!

Also looking forward to Monday's announcement

Jane-Jane said...

YEAH GOD!!!

Betsy said...

Angel,
Eight years ago, I brought home a little boy from China just about this size. He is a love! It was one of the best 8 things I have ever done in my life! What a blessing this little guy will be to your family.
Betsy
http://betsyleslie.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

Angel, let me try again... I did not realize you were adopting a little girl...my statement still stands.... what a blessing all these littl ones from China are to our families...sorry I called her a boy in my last comment... don't tell her, I did that! She is a doll.
Betsy
http://betsyleslie.blogspot.com