Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting Ready For China

It is almost CHINA TIME!!! Can you believe it?? I have to get busy- get READY!




Well... I am trying to plan out exactly what we want to do while we are in China. I am going to China with just my mom this time. We are going to have SO much fun. Russ' mom (the FABULOUS Nonny) is going to come stay here at the house and hang with the girls and dad.

I really feel like this will be a great bonding time for Kaiya and me. I can't compete with Zoe the super sister you know. I need to get a two week jump on her or Mommy might be chopped liver. Plus, it's going to be a WILD and crazy trip focused on the adoption and it's not cheap. So we will plan on taking the whole family on a super cool touristy trip when the kids are a bit older.

I am going to miss my girls like crazy but we will get to use our video phones and will have e-mail, instant messaging and blogging! Thank goodness for modern technology and supportive family. I am definately taking my lap top- otherwise known as my wooby. High speed internet will be a requirement at any hotel. I have been practicing how to blog remotely from China in case the firewall gives me trouble. ;0)

So here is my plan if it all worked out the way I would like it to. Now we all know it seldom ALL goes how you want it to go.... BUT here is an idea of what the trip might look like. I would like to try to leave on May 21st and get back June 5th. That would mean I would spend our 10 year anniversary in Beijing! Happy Anniversary baby. I'll be in China but I'll bring you back a cute little girl! ;0) The gift that keeps on giving.

Here goes... May 21st fly into Beijing! I am hoping we will get to stay with a fantastic guide named Angela here... http://www.myladybugjournal.com/homestay.html
We will OF COURSE see the Great Wall of China!


I am especially excited becuase we are going to ALPINE SLIDE down the side of the Great Wall!! VERY COOL!!!

We are also going to go see these acrobats!


The 24th of May we would take a hopper flight to go to Hangzhou where we WILL MEET KAIYA!!! We would most likely meet her on the 25th of May.


I am leaning toward having us stay here http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/hangzhou/shangrila

We would spend the week getting adoption paperwork done, visiting the orphanage and finding spot and touring this GORGEOUS city. Kaiya would most likely get her passport on the 30th and we would fly to Guangzhou.

In Guangzhou we will stay here http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?&&qscr=dspv&htid=1112267&zz=1208482031540 & Kaiya will have a medical exam on the 31st and then a free day to do some SHOPPING. :0) Then we will have our Consulate Appointment on June 2nd where Kaiya will get her visa to come to the US. Immediately afterwards we will get on a luxury train and go just a short distance to Hong Kong!



The 2nd - 5th we will stay at this hotel...



and take Kaiya here.....


Then June 5th we will fly home just in time to celebrate Kaitlyn's 5th birthday with her on June 7th!!! What do you think??? SO COOL RIGHT? I would love it if it all fell perfectly on these dates. If it does I will be on my way to China in less than 5 weeks!!! WOW!!! GETTING EXCITED!!! :0) Angel


8 comments:

Nikki said...

Eek- that is so soon! I am excited for you, and so excited to see more pictures and videos of the sweet Kaiya. China looks gorgeous- I would love to go one day!

Farrah and Jed said...

WOW girlie you got it figured out..

I can't wait to see her in your arms, What an emotional time that will be, I wish I was going with you!

Dimple Queen said...

WOW...to be so on top of things! How I wish I was! You sound like you got it all planned out. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories.

I sure hope to have internet at the house by then! For some reason I can never see your videos here at work!!! DARN!!!!

Anyway, praying for you!

Ang

Sara said...

how exciting...it is sooo close!

Kaitlyn and I celebrate the same birthday, well, except I'm not 5!!

The Engelhardt 4 said...

sounds like a good plan to me....but i know how plans can change. good luck..we are praying for you.

Holly said...

Angel,
I found your blog through a link to another blog I check sometimes.
I have stayed with Angela in Beijing and she is WONDERFUL! Actually my husband and then 12 and 9 yr. old kiddos stayed with her too! You can't go wrong!
She's the best!
If you would like to see pics of our time with Angela, email me at hollymac828@yahoo.com
We adopted our son from China last August and are now in process of adopting from Ethiopia!
God bless your travels!
Holly

Holly said...

Angel,
I found your blog through a link to another blog I check sometimes.
I have stayed with Angela in Beijing and she is WONDERFUL! Actually my husband and then 12 and 9 yr. old kiddos stayed with her too! You can't go wrong!
She's the best!
If you would like to see pics of our time with Angela, email me at hollymac828@yahoo.com
We adopted our son from China last August and are now in process of adopting from Ethiopia!
God bless your travels!
Holly

Billie said...

Wow. So excited for you! I will bawl like a baby when I get to finally see your reunion. I will rejoice in yours since mine is soooo far away!