Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Martian Child

I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago. I had been meaning to watch it and when Julia talked about how much she loved it I went right out and rented it. WOW! WOW! WOW! I LOVE this movie. The writers did an amazing job of portraying the relationship with this sweet boy and the way it develops. Just a peak into older child adoption. If course it is done with humor but there were so many things in this movie that made me smile and laugh and groan because it was the process we went through with Zoe. Lessons like learning that stuff is less important than her, that we were not going to leave her, how to talk to people and look them in the eye.... NOOO she did not think she was from outer space- but she did come here to learn what it is to have a family. I give it two thumbs up. Love it! Love it! Love it! :0) Angel

" I don't want to bring another kid into this world but how do you argue against loving one that's already here?"

6 comments:

Stacy said...

We saw that movie in the theater, and we were the ONLY ONES in the theater. (Sad state of the world when movies about mass killing are jam packed, people camp out for weeks to see a sequel of a fantasy-adventure flick, but a story about saving a child is completely empty.) During the movie we laughed and related, stories we heard and our own limited experience with older child "adoption." When it ended, Doug said, "It's still gonna be a girl, right?" I said, maybe. :-)

Great movie. I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone considering a non-infant adoption.

Dimple Queen said...

One day....when I finally get some highspeed internet at the house....and I can finally see the videos that you put on this site, I am goinf to have to sit down for a couple hours (heehee) and watch everything you have on here! It drives me CRAZY....it must be our network here or something! I can not seem to watch any videos or slideshows on Blogger or typepad.... they're not blocked, just won't load!

BUMMER!!!

Tracey said...

I want to see it so bad! At first when I saw a preview I was mad at the title, then a friend who saw it explained it to me! I am getting it this weekend!!!

terri said...

I have been reading your blog for some time and I just wanted to tell you that I think your an amazing person! Thank you for sharing all your amazing stories, books and videos with us. You have a wonderful family and im so excited to see little Kaiya join it!
Thank you!
Terri
www.youbelong.net/abigail

Tessa said...

Wow - I need to rent this one! I have no idea what God has in store for me ... but I have this feeling that my future may include adopting an older child (3-4 yrs old?). The quote that you have highlighted above the trailer is awesome. Touches my heart!

Jenny said...

Angel....We just watched this movie with Mario!!!!!! He loved it as much as we did! He kept saying...hey he's adopted like me!!!!!!! So cute!