Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Zoe's Christmas Show

Last week was Zoe's first Christmas program at school. It was a mixture of 1st and 2nd graders. I was so proud of her. She hung right in there with the other kiddos. She is so smart and adorable.

It's funny. She looks so tall to me next to the other little cuties. She is in about the 90th percentile in height for her age and we also held her back a year since this is her first year in school. So she is a year older than most of the kids in her classes. We are told her Guatemala mommy is very tall so I know she comes by her height genetically. That girl is shooting up at a rapid pace. So she is a good 2 inches taller than the tallest kid in the second grade class. I am beginning to think she is going to end up way taller than me. Which isn't really that hard to do since I am such a shorty! ;0)

It doesn't seem to phase her at all. I love that about her. She has no problem being different or liking things that others may not like. She has such a healthy self confidence which truly amazes and impresses me because of all she has been through. She is a social butterfly at school. She loves everyone and everyone loves Zoe. I think it's good for her in many ways to be the oldest. Every day she becomes a little more sure of herself and what she enjoys. It's fun watching her personality really starting to bloom. She is funny and sassy in the best way. I think so much of who she is has only just now started to emerge.

We are also blessed that she is in such a wonderful supportive environment. The other students and teachers are so kind and helpful with Zoe. She has encountered nothing but love.

Anyway... here are a few clips from her show. Didn't they do great? Angel

video




video



6 comments:

Christina said...

Zoe awesome job. You are such a special and beautiful little girl. Have a wonderful Christmas.

keelstar said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now and just wanted to let you know! I enjoy your posts and am so excited to see what God does through your adoption of Kaiya! We have a 4 year old bio daughter, Mackenzie and an 18 month old daughter Savannah who we just brought home from Guatemala this past May! We are also looking at adopting from China someday soon! Blessings, Keely

Natalie C. said...

yes, they did wonderful

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Way to go, Zoe! Your mommy is right -- you truly are growing into a beautiful young woman. God bless and Merry Christmas!

Dimple Queen said...

Angel, thanks for stopping by..I am doing a little research today on the whole diet thing, but any advice you have is very welcomed! Carlton and I did a "diet" a couple years back that cut out a lot of sugar and we did great with that...we both lost weight and more importantly we felt better!

I am so happy for you all....I have been following this second adopotion, I know you are super EXCITED!!!! And Zoe is blooming into one beautiful little girl. Don't feel bad about the height thing. Timothy is only 5 and his head already hits the top of my boobs! But his daddy is tall, so there you have it!

Thanks again, and much hugs to you too!

Anonymous said...

Zoe, you did a great job!! You are awesome in so many ways! Merry Christmas!! DebbieT