Monday, December 10, 2007

Kaiya- Our Extraordinary Miracle

_

-

Our agency is so special. We are a part of the China special needs division of Children's House International. I could not ask for more. A big part of that being true is because of the people. First there is Stefani and Terri. They walk us through this crazy process called adoption! :0) The thing I especially love about Stefani is that she REALLY gets it. She is an adoptive mommy many times over. She knows the joy and the frustration and pain. She is full of compassion and is openly honest about her own journeys and struggles. You are amazing Stefani!
-
Terri does the dirty work. Hee hee.. She helps us get through all the muck and paper work. She answers all my silly questions and helps me stay organized and sane. Thank you so much Terri.
-
Then there is the CHI waiting child forum. I feel like I am going to cry right now because this is such a blessing to me. This forum is no ordinary forum. These are some amazing women. They support each other and pray and care and love and open their homes and hearts over and over again. Ladies... if you are reading this THANK YOU! I know this journey will be a bit lighter for all of us because we are here helping each other along the way.
--
NOW THE REASON FOR THIS POST!
-
One of the special things that Stefani does is writing special poems or songs for each child that finds a family. She wrote this one for our Kaiya. It still makes me teary because it's so precious and perfect. Thank you Stefani. This will always be special. The video to this song is below if you want to hear it while you read the words.
-
(Sung to Sarah McLachlan's "Ordinary Miracle")
-
It's not that unusual to see life as beautiful
But there's an extraordinary miracle today
A child waited and longed to know
She's not alone to carry her sorrow
There's an extraordinary miracle today

Life is like a gift they say, wrapped up for you everyday
Open up and find a way to give some of your own
Isn't it remarkable, that plan much bigger than you or me
There's an extraordinary miracle today
Fall, then winter, the heart will sting but she'll be welcomed home by spring
There's an extraordinary miracle today

When you wake up every day please don't throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart cause we're all a part of sweet Kaiya's miracle
Sweet Kaiya's miracle, come celebrate this miracle
Oooooooo

It seems so exceptional that things just work out after all
There's an extraordinary miracle today
What appeared to be a walk ill fated has a strong new family created
There's an extraordinary miracle today
Oooooooo
There's an extraordinary miracle today

Here is the video to the original song.





-
Here is what Stefani wrote for us....

If you have read the post by Shauntie/Kaiya's new mother Angel, you will understand the extraordinary miracle to which we refer. Angel, miracles,its extraordinary for sure. We worried and wondered over her chubby cheeks and scratched our heads that her family had not come. But once again we see that it was just as it should be. Just as it should be. We celebrate for Shauntie/Kaiya. We celebrate for her family. We celebrate, we celebrate!!!


Isn't that amazing? We are so blessed. I just wanted to share it with you. Hugs, Angel

3 comments:

The McKenzie Crew said...

thank you for sharing that - you know that was hard for me - but hard is OK - there is a reason - a season and a lesson to learn in the pain I have now.

I know that God's love for us all perfects us and his plans for each of ua....

what a blessed litle one she is - to have found you for her Momma:)

JUlia:)

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Angel, first I have to tell you a little story. I had your blogged loaded up on my computer and walked away for a minute. Garrett climbed up in my chair and I hear, "Hi. Hi pretty girl." I guess my son is smitten with that beautiful picture of Kaiya. Too sweet.

As for you poem, what a special treat/present for your daughter and your family. That is so heartwarming that someone at your agency would do that, and not just for you but for all the families. What a fantastic organization to work with!

Farrah said...

Both of you is totally blessed..

That was so sweet, And nothing you could ask more at Holiday's time.

Except for that darn I171H!!!!!