Thursday, November 29, 2007

WE HAVE PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!! This means that we have recieved pre-approval from China to adopt Kaiya as long as we send the appropriate supporting documents (our dossier) proving that our statements on our LOI (letter of Intent to adopt her) were valid. AND it's one major step done. WOOHOOO! We are officially matched with Kaiya by the government of China!
NOW! I just need to get this I171-H and we can get this dossier sent to China. That is when the real count down begins. Anyone who has had experience recently with the Houston orphan petitions office please let me know how fast it went. We should get our fingerprinting letter any day now- like today I hope. Unfortunately, Russ is out of the country till Wednesday. AAACKK! :0) So we will hopefully get our fingerprints done Thursday or Friday.... SO HOPEFULLY we will get the results a week after that and get our I171H. I know that is quick but I have heard the Houston is very quick. Come on HOUSTON!!!
-
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY DOSSIER IN CHINA!!!!
-
Oh and about the beds- yep I think that really is their mattress. I don't think they sleep on traditional mattresses from everything I have seen. Poor sweetie pie. However, I am extremely grateful to hear from other parents that they have their needs attended and seem well treated. I pray that someone loves her. It's more important than the wood she has to lay on. Well, she is going to go from that to a cushy king size bed fit for princess Kaiya! :0) I am coming to get you as SOON AS I CAN baby girl. Ohhhhhhh..... I am getting so excited. If only I could jump on a plane today you KNOW I would.
Hugs! Angel

21 comments:

Ellie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY~~~~

THAT "PARTY OF 5" IS GOING TO BE HAPPENING SOON!!!!


I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!

I sure do Houston is alot faster than Dallas Was...

I know that Dallas is now over seen by Oklahoma CIty... DO you have to go through OKC? Cause if you do... I have Phone numbers and names of the Orphan Officer~!!!!!

SUPER BIG HUGS!!!!!

Ellie

Christina said...

WOOOHOOOOO YEAAAHHHHHH.

Houston hurry hurry hurry...this baby girl needs to come home to her mommy.

Mandy said...

Yay! Congratulations!!

Dimple Queen said...

Angel....just keeping up! There sure are a lot of YooHoo's and YAY's around here.....that is always a great thing to see!

Praying for you all....

Angie

The McKenzie Crew said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

can you visit or is that a no go there??

Julia:)

Amy said...

Yeah, for completed steps! Praying things progress quickly!

ManyBlessings said...

Congratulations!!! She is such a beautiful little girl. :) Hoping you can get that dossier in China asap!!!

d:)

Heather said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!
What fabulous news! She is such a cutie. I will be praying your Christmas wish comes true because that beautiful baby needs to come home to her wonderful family!

Love & FROG,
Heather

Whitney said...

I am so excited for you! I will join you in praying that Houston does get that 171 quick!

nikki said...

Wonderful news!!!!
Praying your dossier is there in record time.
Thank you for posting all the information about adoptions in China, I've never followed along another country's adoptions, well other than Guatemala. It is so interesting!!

Natalie C. said...

great news!!!!!!!!!!

Scarlett_333 said...

Congratulations- that is so exciting!!!
Nikki
http://madebynikki.blogspot.com

TimandKim said...

Our daughter slept on a wooden crib too. It broke my heart to see it when I visited the orphanage. We were told, though, that it is normal for Chinese to sleep on wooden boards or mats in the summer. They feel it keeps them cooler.
It still is hard to know that she slept on it nightly. Hope you bring your baby home soon!

Lynn said...

How exciting! Things are happening fast! She is so precious...

Lynn said...

How exciting! Things are happening fast! She is so precious...

Carrie said...

HUGE congratulations! That is so wonderful! I hope you get your Christmas wish!

Jane-Jane said...

wooooo hooooo for you!

help me out...do you have any kind of time line for Kaiya coming home. I do realize that there are all kinds of kinks that might have to be worked out, but I guess I am looking for a best case home date.

PeWee said...

(HUGS) and tears!

Betsy said...

Great news. Once you are "filed" with the Chinese govt, how long will you have to wait to bring Kaiya home?

Wow, A, the pics of the wood she lays on brought tears to my eyes. I do hope she is receiving much love. Playground looked fun and the countryside is beautiful.

Farrah said...

HOLY COW BATMAN....IS that a normal turn around for a PA, That was super fast..I'm so hoping for your I171H comes quickly...You did apply for the NO charge one right.
We just applied for ours, Because It hasn't been quite 18months and they give you an extension at NO charge for the first one..I'm going to go nuts with a FREE I171H sitting here in my house,,OH what ever will I do with it..LOL

Good luck girl, IS your dossier ready except for the I171H?
What waiting children site did you find sweet little Kaiya?

Melissa said...

Congrats on being one step closer to bringing that sweet baby home!