Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Some of my greatest blessings





















Yes, I was back in Perdido Key with two of my close friends and my godson William. I am so very blessed. I am so blessed to have friendships that last across the globe and across time. I am so blessed to have a husband who values these friendships and me. I am so grateful that he acknowledges my 24 hour a day on call status and loves to let me vacation sometimes. :0) Thanks for that Soccer Boy. I could not have a more amazing husband. I know that every minute of my life.

These small getaways have been so important. They are more than just pictures and suntans. Well, yes... there is plenty of that too. Mostly though there is renewal. These Godly women challenge me. We get honest about what is going on in our lives. We say the things that are hard to say and harder to hear. We cry and laugh and share our hearts. It is one of the rare moments we have uninterrupted to build our friendship.

I come away from these days with them a better person. I am a better mother because of these women. I am a FAR better wife because of their honesty and example. I am a better friend because they have taught me what friendship really means.

_
Wendi and Holly... thank you for being there for me ALWAYS. Thank you Jamie and Sam for being dynamite hubbies and supporting our friendship.I never imagined I would be so blessed as to have such amazing people who I can NEVER get rid of no matter how badly I behave. Hee hee!! :0) I love you both. I have no doubt that we will have pictures just like these years from now when our hair is grey and our children have their own children. You know we will STILL look good too!!!! HA HA HA!! THIN, TAN AND BEAUTIFUL!!! You are my friends in all seasons.
_
To all my P31s friends...you know who you are. Thank you for being shining examples of what it means to be a Godly woman. My life is far richer because you are in it. You have believed in me when I did not believe in myself. You have loved me when I had trouble even LIKING myself. You have shared my joy and my pain. The hugs and tears and uncontrolled giggles are a gift I can never repay. I am forever grateful.
_
For all of you amazing blogger buddies out there. I am blessed to be a part of your lives. Thank you for letting me peek into your hearts and learn something. Thanks for the times I felt less alone because I knew someone out there knew exactly how I was feeling.
_
If you do not have this kind of friendship I beg you to find it. If you will be purposeful in finding Godly women to dive deep with it will change your life and you will grow in crazy ways!!! These women are some of my greatest blessings.
_
Below I will share my life goal. The other P31 women in my life help me work toward that.
_
Proverbs 31


A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
_
The song below is for you Wendi and Holly. An old school favorite and kinda my story. :0) You know what I mean.
I hope you all like it!!! The lyrics are below it.





So you're gone but I know you're not so far away

You're a call on the phone or a ride on a plane

But that just isn't the same, yeah well

_


That's ok because I was never home anyway

So now everyone's evolving and I am just the same

As I was ten years ago, but I don't know

_

Maybe a simple life is more the way to go

Yeah, but then again, I’m mostly all alone

_


Coz I'm losing everyone

But I know I can't lose you

And maybe my time will come

But I know I can't lose you

_


Coz the older I get

Well the more that life is making sense

And it's similar to traffic or being president

_

'Cause I’m not the one in control

You grab a hold

_


I'm just a hammer helping to nail the future down

But it's getting hard making my friends leave town

_


Coz I'm losing everyone
But I know I can't lose you
And maybe my time will come
But I know I can't lose you

_


But maybe I missed the nose right on my face

For what's just past it

_

And maybe I have the gift that everyone speaks so highly of

Funny how nobody wants it
_
So glad I can't lose you. Crazy Hugs, Me

9 comments:

wareaglereed said...

You are so right, close friendship is so so important!!!! Looks like God has BLESSED you immensly in this department!! Enjoy the special time with your friends!!

By the way Great pics!!

-April

Home sweet home said...

That is AWESOME that you take time for yourself -- looks like a blast !!!

Anonymous said...

What BEAUTIFUL women...inside and out. It has been my joy and privilege to be one of your mom's and my delight to know you two other precious women since your college years. It has been such a joy to watch you all grow as individual women and as christian friends over the years. May God continue to bless you and shower you with HIS love for many years to come.

Love,
Momma Y

Melissa said...

Yea for good friends! I cannot imagine what I would do without mine. What a wonderful experience to share with each other. Time for renewal is SO important - I agree, we are better wives and mothers because of it. Although so far my time with friends has been limited to coffee, shopping or getting pedicures, etc. - I'm going to have to figure out how to swing a beach trip!!! :)

Lou said...

AWWWWWWW! How sweet is that??? It also really makes me want a vacation!!!! It's so wonderful that you have friends like that....Nat and I are like that. We've only known each other a relatively short time, but I know we're "stuck" with each other. We have made a pact to go back and forth to each other's homes. We do pray that one day we live right next door to each other. I love that you share these special times in your life with us, and I CAN'T WAIT to have you in my home 2 weeks from today!!!!!

Lucinda Naia said...

I loved the pictures and the song! Many thanks for sharing your life with us via the blogging world.

I'd love to vacation with my girlfriends like you do! They seem to give the "my life is too hectic & my husband can't take care of the kids" excuse. (deep deep heart sigh)

Glad to have connected with you....

Amy said...

Angel, You are a bundle of energy!! Godly girlfriends are a wonderful blessing! Soooo glad the Lord has blessed you in this way.

Jane-Jane said...

The four of you look more beautiful than your last trip! Thank you for the challenge for all of us to get a group of girls like this. We ALL need them.

Thank you to you for being an encouragement to allllll of us. You are a blessing from God!

See you in Atlanta?!? can you e-mail me info as to what and where for that Saturday?

Dimple Queen said...

Wow, I do long for that kind of close friendship. I had it once, but I think we allowed the miles between us to put up a wedge. When we see each other though, or when we call each other, we act as if we have been together forever. That is something I cherish. I just wish we had that time together in person as well. You are BLESSED!

Thanks for checking on me the other day!

Angela