Monday, August 13, 2007

A New Red Pill Challenge- Fields Of The Fatherless Book Club- Join now!

Fields of The Fatherless- Thomas Davis
This is the book I just finished reading... It is WONDERFUL. I just read it front to back in one afternoon. It's an easy read and packed full of truth that Christians are often overlooking entirely. I truly believe that we could all benefit from reading this wonderful book.

_
A few weeks ago I challenged all of you to "take the red pill." If you missed that post please make sure you check it out really quickly. http://thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com/2007/07/welcome-to-real-world.html

_
I have heard so much wonderful feedback on this subject. I have heard from many of you saying you want to continue this adventure you have already begun. Some of you are almost ready to take the leap of faith. If you missed that one you can take a look here..

Some of you are scared to death but ready to take a peek at what God might have for you.

_
If you are ready to take a look at God's heart and hear His heart beat then you need to join me in this little adventure.

_
Here is the challenge I have for all of you. Would you order this book and read it with me?

_
What I would like to propose is this... everyone who would like to participate can order the book here for $4-$6 plus shipping


_
In two weeks from today we will have a blogger book club covering the first chapter. I will post my thoughts on the chapter Sunday evening. You will have that night and all day Monday to post your comments. The goal will be for everyone to share their insights with each other. If you have already read it AWESOME! Please participate and give us you great thoughts on it.

_
Each week we will cover one chapter together. There are 6 chapters.

_
Who would like to join my first blogger book club?

_
Please leave me a comment if you would like to participate.

If you have trouble leaving comments but would like to let me know you will be reading along you can e-mail me at angelweir@gmail.com

_
You can also e-mail me feedback and I can post it for you. YAY! Let's get to it.

_:0) Angel

9 comments:

Krystal said...

What a great idea! I am in, in, in! I've wanted to read this book for a while, but I haven't yet, so I am glad that you chose this book :)

Bekah said...

Drew and I read that book last June when we started this adoption journey. It is an excellent book. Drew bought it for our whole mission board at church and had them read it and as a result we now have an adoption ministry going at our church. It's been over a year, so I'll reread it with you all. Count me in.

Kerry said...

You know me..always up for a red pill challenge! I just ordered it!

Kim said...

I'm in too - I'm off to order!

Jerry and Stacie said...

Just ordered it and CAN'T WAIT to read it. I have to admit. I am not much of a book reader, but this book looks awesome. Jerry and I both are taking the challenge! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Stacie

ManyBlessings said...

I'm in! The only problem I know I'm going to have is that I can't put a good book down. ;) So I'll just read it all and then go back and do a more in-depth reading of each chapter. :) Yay!!
d:)

Jocelyn said...

I love this book, it was a great read!

Jocelyn

Lynn said...

I ordered the book. I hope it makes it to Doha. I ordered from Amazon. They ship it to a shop and ship mailbox in NY and they send it to me here. I can't wait to read it.....I love a good book. Maybe I can get Bill to read it too. Lynn

amber said...

This sounds like fun! I've never been in a book club before! I'm in!! (hopefully its not too late to "sign up!" :) I've had company and haven't had a chance to catch up on all my blog reading until now! :)
Amber