Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Some People Take A Walk In The Rain.... Some People Just Get Wet!

The song "Unwritten" is one of my FAVORITES! It's even the ringer on my phone. Every time I hear it I want to dance!!! :0) I love the message and try to live my life this way. I don't want to go through life afraid. I don't want to live life sad. I want to GO FOR IT and soak in every moment! I don't want to walk through the storms of life scared and soaked. I want to stroll through the rain. I have come to believe that what we get out of life is largely determined by how we view it. It is no one else's job to make me "happy." I am the only one who can let that into my life. I view my life as an amazing adventure. Who knows where I am going to end up. One thing I do know is it's going to be awesome!
_
I want to encourage you to not think of your life as scary or incomplete. Almost anything worth doing is a little scary. If you are not where you want to be at this moment it doesn't mean you are not right where you SHOULD be! It doesn't mean you aren't on your way to greatness. Greatness is a decision we make not something that happens to us. Failure and frustration can be one more step to a breakthrough or it can just be misery. Walking through the rain can be peaceful or torment. We can all choose to be average or truly great. I know there is greatness in every one of you if you choose to tap in. The choice is yours and mine. We are just "Unwritten."
_
Unwritten------Natasha Bedingfield
_
I am unwritten,
Can't read my mind
im undefined
_
im just begining
the pen is in my hand
ending unplaned
_
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
_
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
_
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in you
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
_
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten ,yeah
Oh, oh
_
I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines,
oh yeah
_
We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way
oh, oh
_
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
_
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
_
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in you
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
_
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
_
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
_
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
_
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in you
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
_
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
Feel the rain on your skin
_
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in you
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
_
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live you life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
(YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you for the uplifting post!

Jane-Jane said...

Another GREAT post! Thank you so much for opening our world to new songs and opportunities!

danielle said...

I was just jamming out to that song in my car before coming in the house and turning on the computer. I love it too!

notyetamama said...

Wow, what an inspirational post!

Thanks!!!

Kerry said...

Perfectly said!

The McKenzie Crew said...

That is one of my Erin's favorite's = you should see us and hear us in the car - me driving and singing and her right behind me - two silly heads belting out this tune - LOUD!!!!!!!!

We love it - VERY powerful song!

Once again - you are my sister:)

Julia:)

Julie said...

For some reason, that song plays at precisely the time I'm pulling into work on Monday mornings! It totally helps me put my day in perspective! :)