Monday, May 14, 2007

Maker's Diet Info

Hey I got your question..... here it is...
_
Angel,I sent you an e-mail but I am not sure you got it. I have a few questions about The Makers Diet. My husband and I have read the book and really want to change our lifestyle but want to be informed.So here they are. We are on a very tight budget, is it afordable? Also; is it doable? What about traveling, vacations, going out to eat, going to family and friends houses, going to Guatemala for pick up?
_
Hey there!! I am SOOOO SORRY I haven't gotten back to you. I am glad you wrote again. I can't seem to catch up. If I haven't written anyone back PLEASE feel free to stalk me till I do. :0) I never mean to ignore anyone.
_
The Maker's Diet is probably going to be a little more expensive on the grocery side. In our experience it has not been tremendously more. We have cut out many expensive items we used to buy. ( we don't buy any prepared foods, cookies, frozen pizza, frozen lasagna etc.) We use that money to buy lots of fresh fruit and organic products. We also eat out less and do hardly any fast food. So that saves money.
_
I cook once or twice a week. I now own three crock pots and use all of them! I cook 4 or 5 meals at a time and just stick them in the frig. Then we eat whatever we want through the week. I use allrecipes.com like crazy now. It is a great website.
_
As far as traveling it can be done. Eating out is not impossible by any stretch. We just go by the rules when we need to eat out. They are not difficult. Of course it won't be all organic or anything but you can stay within dietary laws easily.
_
Our last two vacations I have cooked food ahead of time and packed it in a cooler. I LOVED IT! We were eating healthy and it was WAY CHEAPER! We ended up not eating out at all and I LOST weight on vacation!!! :0)
_
When we go to family and friends houses we just make the best choices we can. We don't want to be legalistic or rude about it. We just do as much as we can whenever we can.
_
Going to Guatemala for pick up shouldn't be a problem. Again, it will have more crud in it but it will still be better than what you were eating before.
_
Here are things we eat when we eat out. BBQ brisket on a potato with sour cream and cheese, YUM! Chicken enchiladas with queso sauce on top, Fajita nachos, pot roast without the gravy, burrito in a bowl (no tortilla), salad with chicken, you get the drift.
_
Overall I can't imagine going back to the way we were eating. We feel better and look better. Not to mention the food TASTES better! Don't be intimidated when you read it all. If you just ease into it it's not really as hard as it seems. Now it is just getting to be second nature. I wish you all the best.
_
HUGS! Angel

2 comments:

gerlthouse said...

Okay, Angel. I'm gonna need those crockpot recipes. I LOVE my crockpot but have sort of retired it since we're eating better these days. Cough 'em up. Those sound yummy!!!!

Powell Adoption said...

Thanks so much Angel! I might be asking you a few questions as we get a little more into this. Thanks for your imput and information. I am praying we can do this, the thought of no more sweets, and or much carbs scares me a bit. We did Adkins before an I just couldn't live without the bread. I have to be able to live with the food we decided to go with.
Thanks!
Laura