Friday, March 09, 2007

Accidental Adoption..

THIS IS TOO FUNNY! Here is the link to the blog where it was posted! http://borninourheartsfamily.blogspot.com/2007/01/accidental-adoption.html

ENJOY!

Have you ever noticed that you hear all the time about "accidental"pregnancies, but never about couples who experience "accidental" adoptions? Can you imagine:
_
Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.
_
What is it?
_
Well, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I went to the mailbox today and... well, we got an 171-H.
_
A what?!? An 171-H? As in, we're going to have a(nother) baby?!?
_
It looks that way.
_
But how? We've been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn't you hide our homestudy update?
_
Of course I did, but don't forget, there was that one night...
_
What night? (pauses) Ohhh, that night, But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn't print clearly. I didn't even use ink! (pauses again) But it was kind of fun. (giggles). It was, wasn't it?
_
I'll never forget how cute you looked getting your fingerprints.
_
So now we've go our 1717-H, eh? But that doesn't always mean you'll adopt, does it? I mean, shouldn't you see the agency or something, make sure everthing's okay?
_
I already did.
_
And?
_
I'm five documents along.
_
Five documents! And they're all notarized, certified and authenticated okay?
_
Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn't see the Notary's middle initial but it showed up just fine under the magnifying glass.
_
Thank God. And you, honey? Are you feeling okay?
_
I'm feeling fine. As long as I know you're happpy about this.
_
Happy? I'm thrilled! It's always a shock at first when something like this happens, but of course I'm happy.
_

Author Unknown

OH YEAH! Surprise adoption. All the adoptive mommies are cracking up right now. :0) Angel

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Laugh out loud funny! I can't wait to share it with Doug.

Nan said...

i love it! perfect! if only the paperwork was that easy!

Kelley said...

OMG! SO hilarious!

Reba said...

Angel, that was hilarious! In some ways, I wish it could happen that way. :)

Tricia said...

That is so funny! :) How perfect!

Carrie said...

This is hysterical! So clever! I love it! Don't think that could happen. A riot though! Thanks for the laugh!