Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Daddy Daughter Dance

This weekend was the annual Daddy Daughter Dance at our church. (grandpas and uncles are allowed too!!) This is a BIG DEAL at our house. It was so fun to see Zoe in on the action this year. Last year at this time I was dreaming of next year when I would dress them in matching dresses and off they would go.... dreams do come true. They are just sometimes bumps along the way! :0)


We spent a long time getting the girls all ready. I put sparkles on their nails and braided their hair. We even put body glitter on!


My girls love each other SO MUCH! It is such a blessing to me.

Our dear friends grabbing a family picture before the dance.

Friends Forever... nothing like four giggly girls all dressed up!


KK and Daddy dancing. You can see that Kaitlyn is exhausted. Russ said right after this she laid down on the dance floor to go to sleep!! I had to pick her up early. She told me, "It was SO FUN but I am just a little bit too sleepy to dance."

Zoe, however, was NOT too sleepy to dance. According to Russ she boogied the WHOLE night. She didn't want to stop till they turned the music off. Even then she was ready for more. When she came home she practically DROPPED into bed. She was exhausted!

Here are my girls dancing.

This is my dream in the flesh. It's been hard and messy, wonderful and beautiful... I wouldn't trade it. NO WAY! We have many years of dances to come.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, Angel. I remember last year at that dance! I remember how you said next year would be different, and IT IS!!! How wonderful!

REBECCA said...

THANKS FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARD!!!!! THAT IS SO SWEET OF THE GIRLS DANCING WITH THEIR DADDY!!!! I LOVED TO DANCE WITH MY DAD AND DID ALL THE TIME GROWING UP AND JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT WE SOMETIMES JUST DANCED AT HOME TO MUSIC. WHEN BLAKE GOT OLD ENOUGH THEY DANCED AS WELL TO OLD TIME ROCK IN ROLL AND EVERYTIME WE WENT TO TYLER MY DAD GOT THAT CD OUT!!!! THAT WAS THERE SONG AND STILL IS!!! (BLAKE SINGS IT ALL THE TIME !!!)

The McKenzie Crew said...

OK - that last picture and the comments under it - made me cry:):)

Julia:)

Gorgeous family - so blessed by God:)

Crystal said...

You are exactly right --dreams do come true!!!!!!!!!!! This post is just the most precious thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote about Dreaming Big and you inspire me too!!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellie Puls said...

Ok Missy...

I am now crying.... What a wonderful mommnet in life... Your family is absolutely beautiful.

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, where did you get those beautiful dresses?
What a great memory this will be for the girls (and Dad)!
Suzanne

Betsy said...

Hey, where's my Christmas card? Now I'm jealous!
A-- loved the pics. So precious. Just love your girls!

Time to start adoption process #2. I'm waiting..... :)

Dominick's Mommy said...

Your girls are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!! So Precious!

Wyatt & Daisy said...

I came across your blog when looking at a friend's blog (Lou-adopting a baby from Guat.) Your family is so sweet, and I love that you always give credit to the ONE who made it all possible. I have one little girl, and they really are precious gifts from God. Thanks for sharing your story in such a sweet way.
Daisy

A Special Family said...

Oh how wonderful! They are so so beautiful.

Stephanie (Maya's mommy) said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful family you all are. I scrolled down and tried to catch up on your story, but it will take me some time! I'm gonna add you to my blog roll, if that's OK, so I can get to it easily.
Where in Texas are you? I'm a Texas gal myself.
stephanie

jeneflower said...

What a fun night with such beautiful girls!