Monday, February 12, 2007

Christmas in FEBRUARY????

Well, I guess it does go with our not-really-Christmas-card schedule!
This weekend we had Christmas with my mom and dad and Tia Bek (our adopted aunt) They were in Germany and Switzerland during Christmas. We lived in Germany during some of my teen years so they brought back some fun reminders of that time for our Christmas presents.

If you ever lived in Germany you PROBABLY know what this is. It's called a kinder egg. It a super yummy chocolate egg with a super cool prize inside. My brother and I used to ride our bikes to the store to get these in Germany all the time. YES it's actually safe for kids to ride around on their bikes in Germany!

This is one of the little prizes. My brother and I must have collected like 50 of these. Sadly, these can't be sold in the US because Americans are to law suit happy and these toys are little. You know someone would give them to their one year old and be SHOCKED that they choked and sue.

So unless you visit Germany or have a grandma and granpa who love ya lots... you may never know the joy of a kinder egg. Awww man!

Watch out Zoe. Tia Bek might try to steal your kinder egg!

Here is Grandpa decorating our little wooden Christmas tree from Germany. So cute!

My hubby. OOOOOHHHH the suspense is killing him. :0)

KK trying out her new V Smile game. COOL!

My mom found this very special musical jewelry box in our attic. My parents gave this to me when I was 5 years old. It was the first time they took me to Disney World. It played "It's A Small World" which was the song from my favorite ride. I made my parents go on it 5 times in a row!! I always LOVED this jewelry box. Mom found it and wrapped it up for Christmas. I am so happy to have it back. It's a great memory for me.
Zoe mesmerized by her new snow globe.

All in all- it doesn't matter WHEN Christmas is. It matters who it is with. Whether in February or December I am grateful to have family who love us and supports us and help us through life. Merry Christmas Everyone!
Love, Angel

5 comments:

The McKenzie Crew said...

Thanks for sharing that with us! What a wonderful memory for you, and for your girls!! I love it 'cause i LOVE family:):)

JUlia:)

Lou- Http:\\waitingforannepearce.blogspot.com said...

I want Christmas in February!!! It's the feeling of Christmas that I wish we had all year long. The love, faith, thankfulness,and family. You guys definitely had all that! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I buy some Russian items from this company & they have Kinder Eggs!!! http://www.malincho.com/kindereggs.asp?REFERER=google&gclid=CODb1ZWmrIoCFRE9VAodIQ3TuA

Meridith

Angel said...

Hey Meridith,
OH WOW! That's SO COOL! I will have to do that. Thanks for the great tip. :0) Angel

Betsy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS WEIRS!