Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Forever Friends Weekend

This last weekend we got to do something rare and wonderful and amazing. We got to spend time with adults and NO children. Of course we looooove our children but it has been almost 4 years since we have had kidless time with these special people.

We found this beautiful place that had a three bedroom apartment out in the middle of nowhere.

There was nothing to do but stare at the cows which was PERFECT for us.

Oh yeah. There WAS rock throwing. Uh huh. Boys will be boys. Stick them out in the country and they feel the need to throw things and occasionally pee outdoors.


The girls just stroll by the lake and talk about rainbows and cute, pretty stuff.

Baby William got to come along on our weekend because he doesn't count as full fledged KIDDO yet. He is just a cute, still baby. He mostly lays around looking like this. AWWWW..
We actually had time to park our super cool mom minivans in a pattern and do awesome poses! We had TIME for that.





We danced and sang old country songs in a really off key manner.


















We hung out and laughed and told stories.
Oh yeah... we drank pina coladas and margaritas... don't tell! :0)
There are all kinds of friends. Each kind of friend is special and wonderful. I am so blessed with all kinds of amazing relationships. They walk me through different parts of life.
These friends are my forever friends. Somehow no matter where we go or what we do we are still close. There is something really special about those friends that really KNOW you. They know your history and why you act the way you do. They know your pet peeves and what will make you laugh so hard you snort. They know what commercials would make you cry or what boys you kissed in college. I am grateful to have people who know me like that. They were there in college when Holly and I were in the Miss UMHB pageant. Hee hee. (Holly WAS Ms UMHB for your info) They were there when Russ and I met and fell in love during our practices and performance of "Little Women." We have been there through dates and non-commital lip together. We have been through graduations and first jobs. We have been together through break ups and back togethers and heart break and engagements and weddings. We have been through pregnancies and miscarriages and adoption and babies up all night. We have been through promotions and lay offs and career changes. We have been through toddlers and surgeries and moving across the country. We have been through adoring each other and being annoyed at each other and sometimes really angry. BUT we have always been together.
No matter where I am in my life and in my heart I know there are certain people who will always be there. They know the ugliest parts of who I am and somehow..they still love me. Thank you Lord for friends like that.


Holly, Jamie, Sam, Wendi, Russ... thank you. Thank you for always loving me- even on the days I am particularly unloveable. Life would never be the same without my forever friends.

Love, Angel

3 comments:

The McKenzie Crew said...

Awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blockamy said...

Ok- I just have to say that cow picture cracked me up!!! Good for you for taking the time to be with your friends with no kids involved! I know those times are so precious and so few! Amy

blockamy said...

Ok- I just have to say that cow picture cracked me up!!! Good for you for taking the time to be with your friends with no kids involved! I know those times are so precious and so few! Amy